Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, i insert the mag into the slot. if i pull the triger, will it fire? i do not pul lthe slide back or anything. slide is in normal ready to shot position. no bullet in chamber.
just wondering. or else iwill have too run to the range and try that. $10 to try?? (entry fee)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BadAndy said:
Please spend some time with a firearms instructor. Seriously. That question makes me a bit nervous...
LOL that is why I am called a NOOB. :)
but i thought that is why it is called a doa?

·
Registered
21 Posts
doa = dead on arrival.
I hope you meant DAO = double action only.

A DOA pistol requires just means that pulling back the trigger will cock and release the hammer.
It doesn't mean it will rack the slide and load a new round into the chamber.

The slide is racked by the force of the "explosion" in the chamber when the gun is fired.

I agree though, go talk to a range safety instructor or a firearms instructor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you bought the gun new it should of came with a manual. PLEASE read it. It will explain the proper use of the gun. Hopefully you have friend or relative that could show you some basic safety measures. Or like Andy and Glenn suggested spend some time with and instructor.

·
Administrator
35,289 Posts
Is there a reason you didn't start off with revolvers? When I started with guns around 1990, I only bought and shot revolvers - very simple, easy to determine if there is a bullet in the cylinder, just point and pull the trigger. Then, after a couple of years, I bought my first semi-auto. I still remember the first time I shoved the mag into the well, pressed the slide release, and presto - I was holding a pistol with the hammer all the way back, with a hair trigger. I still remember sweating as I held the hammer with my thumb and squeezed the trigger, and slowly lowered the hammer. At least Ruger puts a de-cocker on their semi-autos, so you can feel alot safer getting the hammer down........but you might want to seriously think about having a revolver and getting intimate with that before delving too much into the world of pistols. JMO.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the advice and concern. Yes, I do have a neighbor who is a PD and a SWAT member that show and teaches me. we only met one and that was to shot. more info will be dug from his brain into mine as we train more.

·
Registered
51 Posts
you might want to SERIOUSLY CONSIDER READING YOUR OWNERS MANUAL!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
reading it. read it.
Just like someone asking how much tire presure to put the truck tire offroading.
I ask questions that otherwise will be answered by going to the range. cant go everyday..but would like to know the answer. :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
F it put the mag in, point at the ground, preferably outside and pull the trigger. That will answer your question.

·
Registered
73 Posts
swak6287 said:
Thanks for all the advice and concern. Yes, I do have a neighbor who is a PD and a SWAT member that show and teaches me. we only met one and that was to shot. more info will be dug from his brain into mine as we train more.
Your neighbor is a police department?!
:eek: :D

You met once to shot?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Easy guys. Let's not berate other members. No one is perfect.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts