Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello community,

new user here from the midwest. got a bit of a dilemma - my father in law has a Taurus PT-57 7.65mm that he has had for years. a few weeks ago while moving, he lost the magazine clip for it. long story short he needs replacement for it and has asked for my help because he is computer illiterate.

i understand it is not a very common pistol, i've tried local gun shops, online stores (gunpartscorp are out of stock) and made international calls to other sellers to no avail. anyway, if any of you good folks know where i can get this magazine or an alternative for it that would fit - please please let me know. thank you.

-ron

·
8,900 Posts
Welcome Ronaldo. I checked my sources and no luck. Hopefully some of our seasoned members may have an idea.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I don't believe the Taurus PT 57 was ever imported into the United States. I could be wrong though. I think they only imported the .380 version. I wonder if a PT 58 magazine would work? The PT 58 is pretty scarce by itself.

Are you in the U.S. Ronaldo? Is the pistol marked "Miami, FL"?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't believe the Taurus PT 57 was ever imported into the United States. I could be wrong though. I think they only imported the .380 version. I wonder if a PT 58 magazine would work? The PT 58 is pretty scarce by itself.

Are you in the U.S. Ronaldo? Is the pistol marked "Miami, FL"?
it was manufactured in Brazil, my father in law bought it a few decades ago at a gun show in Tennessee ...the pt 58 magazine is a good idea but like you said they are scarce and i've had equal amount of frustration looking for the 57 and 58. thanks for all the replies, hopefully i make some progress on these here forums :)

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can’t answer the 32 acp crossover question, but I can tell you definitively that the Beretta model 84 .380 mag and the Taurus PT58 mag ARE NOT interchangeable. Neither of them will even enter their opposite number mag well.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Pretty sure you will have to find a foreign source and have it sent here. If I remember correctly this can be done if the value of the magazine is under $100.00 otherwise it would be hit with import/export regulations and taxes. Search inline for a firearm importer exporter and see if they can help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pretty sure you will have to find a foreign source and have it sent here. If I remember correctly this can be done if the value of the magazine is under $100.00 otherwise it would be hit with import/export regulations and taxes. Search inline for a firearm importer exporter and see if they can help you.

any foreign sources you can link me to? i've searched but with no luck. another source someone got me on is specialty gun shops...i've called a few in nevada, texas and the carolinas with no success...welcome to any ideas,.. thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts