Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the model 605 available with the 3" barrel?

I had a blue 605 with 3" barrel some years ago. Maybe 8 or 9 years? I would like to replace it.

Larry

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Seems they are currently out of production... hit the auction sites, you may find one.

·
9,091 Posts
No 3" 605's currently in production. But that doesn't mean Taurus won't come out with a 3", they often drop in different versions of the models listed on the web site. But for now the used gun market is your best bet. I just picked up a Taurus Brasil polished stainless 605 with a barrel that measures 2.5". This is an older revolver though as it has Taurus Brasil Miami import markings. Haven't dated it yet, but I imagine made in the early 70's. As soon as I can get it to the range I will do a review on it. It is in very good condition. Try gunbroker and other auction sites and be patient. I check Gunbroker daily for used guns. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'll check the used firearm sites.

@flareside_ford, i enjoyed reading your efforts in making a 3", stainless, 605.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
No 3" 605's currently in production. But that doesn't mean Taurus won't come out with a 3", they often drop in different versions of the models listed on the website. But for now, the used gun market is your best bet. I just picked up a Taurus Brasil polished stainless 605 with a barrel that measures 2.5". This is an older revolver though as it has Taurus Brasil Miami import markings. Haven't dated it yet, but I imagine made in the early 70's. As soon as I can get it to the range I will do a review on it. It is in very good condition. Try gunbroker and other auction sites and be patient. I check Gunbroker daily for used guns. Good luck with your search.
The first year of production for the Taurus® 605 357 Magnum was 1995.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
No 3" 605's currently in production. But that doesn't mean Taurus won't come out with a 3", they often drop in different versions of the models listed on the web site. But for now the used gun market is your best bet. I just picked up a Taurus Brasil polished stainless 605 with a barrel that measures 2.5". This is an older revolver though as it has Taurus Brasil Miami import markings. Haven't dated it yet, but I imagine made in the early 70's. As soon as I can get it to the range I will do a review on it. It is in very good condition. Try gunbroker and other auction sites and be patient. I check Gunbroker daily for used guns. Good luck on your search.
Go to the Taurus website and go to the bottom to the "find my model" link and put in the serial number for the model and year of manufacture. https://www.taurususa.com/find-model.cfm

·
23,197 Posts
Is the model 605 available with the 3" barrel?

I had a blue 605 with 3" barrel some years ago. Maybe 8 or 9 years? I would like to replace it.

Larry
That's going to take some searching. I did a thorough scouring of Gunbroker a couple of weekends ago for 3" .357s, and the vast majority were S&W. The other manufacturers were all represented by 1-5 guns, no more.

does anyone know where I might find a thumbpiece screw for 44 mag revolver
Numrich is a good place to start. I'd also suggest starting another separate thread in this subforum. You'll get more attention that way. Most importantly,

Text Font Yellow Green Orange

1 - 10 of 10 Posts