Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished doing a "Steve Gunz video" action job on my new blue Rossi M92 .357 20" carbine. As others have said here, Steve's video is a god-send and Steve is very helpful answering questions. Like others I had more trouble getting the ejector back together than Steve seemed to have, but finally it went back together. I ground the loading gate spring and replaced the ejector spring with Steve's part but I didn't modify either the trigger spring or the hammer spring. The action is so much better after finishing the job that I'm really glad I did it. The one puzzle is trigger pull force. Before it was about 5# and after it is a very consistent 2-1/2# even though I didn't modify the hammer or trigger spring and I didn't touch either the hammer or trigger to polish or even deburr them. Does anyone have any idea why the trigger pull might have changed so much? I removed the trigger and hammer to check them and when I reassembled them the trigger pull was just below 2-3/4#. It's smooth and I like it but I don't changes I don't understand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you clean and oil it completely? I did and like you, I didn't do anything to the trigger or hammer. I think that the break cleaner and oil made the difference. It needed a good cleaning. That video is very helpful.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you clean and oil it completely? I did and like you, I didn't do anything to the trigger or hammer. I think that the break cleaner and oil made the difference. It needed a good cleaning. That video is very helpful.
Yes, I disassembled it completely and cleaned/lubed everything as I reassembled it. Even the spray cleaning and lube I did without disassembly smoothed up the action a lot.

I had a rough base on the bolt and smoothed and polished the lower surface that I believe is what cocks the hammer as it moves back to eject the last round. I also stoned the burrs/sharp edges from the bolt, but I don't see how anything on the bolt affects the trigger pull. The hammer screw seems to completely define the relationship between the trigger and hammer sear and the hammer spring and trigger spring seem to control the trigger pull, and I didn't modify either.

This is just a plinker so I'm not concerned about an unsafe trigger pull, just want to be sure there isn't any safety issue I'm missing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts