Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a quick question about the Taurus 6 shot 6" M86 revolver. Anyone here know if they accept +P+? I know the majority have to be rated for it and can be a bit hairy. This one appears to be blued steel with a massively thick barrel. The thickness is comparable to a M608 .357. I have no paperwork on this revolver stating any specs, and the taurus manual and anything I look at doesn't give me a definite answer. I'm hoping someone has some experience with this revolver. Thanks. I just don't want to damage this weapon.

·
32,619 Posts
No experience with the 86, but do know a little about the history of them. Those are not rated for +P use. It was designed for serious bullseye shooting in which standard pressure ammo is used.

It was dropped from production in 1994. Revolvers were dropped for the most part for serious target work due to the serious shooters went to .45 ACP 1911s. Not that the revolver was less accurate. Just that the 1911s had advantages that the revolver did not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, thanks for the information. I'm glad I asked as this is really a nice weapon and I would hate to mess it up, not to mention first of all put myself and others in danger.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one that was made in 1981. All it has ever shot is 148gr wadcutters over 3.0gr 231 or bullseye. I would like to replace the side plate screws but have been unable to find any. I recently did find a pair of grips for it though. I would buy another one if the opportunity arose. It's been a good gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts