Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Taurus ever make law enforcement/government only marked magazines? I know companies like glock and hk have them for their high capacity magazines I was wondering if Taurus did the same for their 17 round magazines for the PT92?

Also has anyone here seen Taurus magazines for the PT92 with yellow followers? Are those the 17 round magazines?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
hmm not sure about the LE marked..

the 17rnders i have the yellow followers.. i've seen mags with red followers i think those are the older 15rnd mags.. dont have any to be sure.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
I have OEM Taurus mags with black, red/orange, and silver followers. The bodies were always blue or stainless, but a number of the blued ones had what appears to be stainless base plates.

I've not seen any "LEO Only" Taurus mags.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine is yellow and I think it only holds 10rds

·
22,058 Posts
I have 10, 15 and 17 round mags all blue. 17 rounder has the yellow follower. Also a couple of my 24/7 9mm mags have yellow followers.

·
Registered
382 Posts
All four of mine are yellow. 2 PT92-17rnd, and 1-24/7C-17rnd, and 1-24/7C-13rnd. All were recieved with new weapons last march.

·
Registered
402 Posts
KILL4POWER said:
Did Taurus ever make law enforcement/government only marked magazines? I know companies like glock and hk have them for their high capacity magazines I was wondering if Taurus did the same for their 17 round magazines for the PT92?

Also has anyone here seen Taurus magazines for the PT92 with yellow followers? Are those the 17 round magazines?
I just picked up my PT92SS yesterday and it came with 2, 17 round magazines. The only markings on the magazine is "PT92/99/917 CAL.9mm - MADE IN BRAZIL". They do have yellow followers. I picked up a 15 round magazine as well, it has a black follower and "CAL. 9 PARA MADE IN BRAZIL".

·
Administrator
40,396 Posts
Daddyo said:
I thought Mec Gar made the mags for Taurus.
No, but they do make the mags for Kel-Tec.

·
Administrator
40,396 Posts
Well, I have a Kel-Tec that came with a Mec-Gar mag. Flawless. I bought extra mags for a Ruger that are Mec-Gar. Flawless as well, so I would say they are very good. :)

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
mec-gar does make factory mags for a couple of people.. not sure who does taurus mags.

however as far as mags go rather they're contracted out for factory mags from a maker or they're selling them as after market it's generally accepted that mec-gar mags are of high quality.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
joe sixpack said:
however as far as mags go rather they're contracted out for factory mags from a maker or they're selling them as after market it's generally accepted that mec-gar mags are of high quality.
Agree with that. Mec-Gar mags are excellent. It's ProMag that you have to watch out for.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I try to buy Mecgar mags whenever I'm buying additional mags. They are first rate. I have 18 or so (for three different guns), and NONE has given me the slightest problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts