Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just mailed a Taurus pistol I own that needs repair to Taurus, under the Lifetime Warranty. After the pistol is repaired, hopefully it will not take more than several weeks, does it come back with the box, key, or instruction manual included or thrown in? I ask because I do not have those accessories that came with the pistol (I only mailed Taurus the pistol with the magazine) and, I am considering buying those items. I am only expecting the pistol to be repaired but just want to make sure I do not risk wasting money buying accessories if I happen to get them for free as I only want to own one of each...

X

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Taurus will return the pistol. They do not usually add anything else. You may download the instruction manual from the web-site, free. It MIGHT be returned in a Taurus box, but I wouldn't hold my breath. As Taurus uses cardboard boxes today, what possible advantage would that give you? Buy a solid, padded, box for the gun is my advice.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
The repair might take much longer than usual because from what a Taurus CS rep told me this morning, "Taurus has been overloaded with repair requests." One of my Taurus pistols has been there for 8 weeks now and it's been moved to the repair service department but no repair works have been done yet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
mine was not repairable . so they sent a brand new gun with 2 magazines,black box..etc. (I had only sent in one mag with the gun)
total time was about 4 weeks

·
Registered
33 Posts
mine was not repairable . so they sent a brand new gun with 2 magazines,black box..etc. (I had only sent in one mag with the gun)
total time was about 4 weeks
I say that's pretty darn good CS on their part, i never dealt with warranty on a firearm so i can't comment on how others manufactures would go about their warranty.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
With a lifetime warenty I hope to shoot the barrel off of mine. :) Sorry for the spelling. ;)

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
It's probably fair to assume that with the recent surge in sales there's been a corresponding surge in warranty claims, as a certain % are always returned. From what I've read here turn times are sporadic. It seems 738s come back pretty quick. But the 738s are made at the plant so it's pretty safe to assume all parts are there and they have plenty of personnel familiar with that model. Other less popular models seem to take longer, I get the impression revolvers are a bit slower. If your's requires total replacement the wait for that decision is kind of long.

If you call them they might throw in the safety key as a freebie. The case they include is pretty flimsy, you'd do better with an after market one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Taurus got my 709 in their hands 3/1/2013. The gun was back in my hands 3/15/2013. They had to replace the mag release. They did not throw anything in extra. But I'm glad for the fast turn around. With a flawless 709.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Taurus got my 709 in their hands 3/1/2013. The gun was back in my hands 3/15/2013. They had to replace the mag release. They did not throw anything in extra. But I'm glad for the fast turn around. With a flawless 709.
A two week turnaround. Outstanding!

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
O.K., when I got the Taurus in January, I tossed the warranty card. My experiences with almost all warranties has been there are so much small print that they are useless. Of course, I discover this site (which I continue to tell folks is truly useful, and I feel particularly welcomed as I am a complete newbie!) days after tossing it. Any remote chance that they may be willing to send a new card out for my 1911 .45?? If it's no, it's no but it would be nice as, from what I have read hear, this is a reputable company.

Thanks.

·
Registered
477 Posts
O.K., when I got the Taurus in January, I tossed the warranty card. My experiences with almost all warranties has been there are so much small print that they are useless. Of course, I discover this site (which I continue to tell folks is truly useful, and I feel particularly welcomed as I am a complete newbie!) days after tossing it. Any remote chance that they may be willing to send a new card out for my 1911 .45?? If it's no, it's no but it would be nice as, from what I have read hear, this is a reputable company.

Thanks.
I am fairly certain you will not need the warranty card to have your firearm repaired, if need be. Taurus has a lifetime warranty regardless of whether your the first owner or 10th owner because of that fact the card itself likely is useless except for the nra membership discount portion. The fact that it is a Taurus assures that it will be repaired under warranty...card or no card.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Yeah, I've never used the card for any of my guns, Taurus included. Unnecessary for most makers in my experience. They may or may not ask for a copy of your receipt, though, and they'll tell you if you need to send it in with the gun.

When I sent 1 in 3 weeks ago, they told me in advance to take everything out of the small plastic box, and they would mail it back to me the exact same way I shipped it. My repair was finished Friday, so I'm expecting my gun back this week.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I hope the same fast turn goes for my Rossi 92. Fired it the first time today and the mag tube slipped forward. I tried putting the tube back but the pin will not go in the hole in the barrel. I noticed on an internet search this is not so uncommon problem with the Rossi 92's. Most it appears the pin jumps the hole. But mine appears to not even line up. I only had 12 rounds through the rifle. And since the pin will not go in the hole. It will just keep happening becasue of the recoil. So first thing Monday, Customer Service will be getting a call from me about sending it in. Not asking for any additional items. But at least a rifle I can shoot more than 12 rounds. Without the magazine tube sliding forward.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I mailed in a pt145 and a pt140 for repairs in the beginning of sept I did a live chat and they said that both guns are waiting to be serviced. That call was about 2 weeks ago, the day before the call i got the sights rwturned to me from taurus off of the pt145. I asked the rep why I got them and she didnt have an answer. As far as a time frame she said up to 6 weeks I dont mind because i have other guns. I must say it makes me wonder why I got those sights in tbe mail if guns are waiting for inspection. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts