Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I hope you can answer this question. I am new to this forum. I bought a Taurus PT-111 Pro 9mm last month, and plan to use it as my concealed-carry weapon, after I take classes in the next few months. So far, I am very impressed. I haven't had a jam or fail to fire, or anything serious at all. I would definitely trust my life to this gun and have recommended it to my friends.

Only one thing I noticed is my back sight slides left to right. It doesn't stay put, and is so loose sometimes it even moves some while I am shooting. Needless to say, this makes getting used to the sights difficult. I tried using the tool that came with it to adjust the sights, but nothing seems to happen. My brother has the same exact gun (we are taking the classes together), and his sights do not move like mine.

Any help is appreciated!

David

·
Registered
18 Posts
Red Locktite

The allen screw in the sight has red locktite on it. To loosen it you need to apply heat to the sight, if your lucky a hair dryer may heat it enough. If the screw is locktited but not fully seated it would account for your sight moving. Try loosening and retightening the allen screw. WARNING the allen screw in mine was so tight the allen wrench supplied with the gun twisted trying to move it, it took quite a bit of heat to get it loose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It did the trick. My hair-dryer worked, and the sights no longer move...now I just have to get used to the sights!

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts