Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I recently purchased a Norinco SKS paratrooper.
It has two screws on the left hand side of the receiver and I'm wondering what they are for

Perhaps a scope mount.

008.jpg

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
bingo!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've adopted this gun as my ranch rifle. My version of the Mini 14. I will use it for a woods gun and Coyotes. Going to get a rife rack to put on the roll bar of my tractor.
I'll be tearing it down and cleaning it ( I may have never been cleaned ). I'll be putting a light on it a few other tweaks. Don't know if I'm going to reload for it. Don't guess it can be made into a tack driver.
It is what it is I guess. Hopefully the imported steel stuff will became more available, but in these times it might be wise to have a set of dies and some re-loadable brass on hand.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Don't guess it can be made into a tack driver.
I wouldn't even worry about trying to make it a tack driver. If you scope it, put on a low power scope or well built red dot for quick target acquisition and shoot it. I'm sure it will hit whatever you're shooting from close range to over 100 yards.

I've tried two different forward aperture sights on my Norinco SKS and I wish I'd put on some sort of red dot instead. I'd need a cheek riser on the stock if I did that, though.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't even worry about trying to make it a tack driver. If you scope it, put on a low power scope or well built red dot for quick target acquisition and shoot it. I'm sure it will hit whatever you're shooting from close range to over 100 yards.

I've tried two different forward aperture sights on my Norinco SKS and I wish I'd put on some sort of red dot instead. I'd need a cheek riser on the stock if I did that, though.

yup. ^ that's what I'm thinking

1 - 9 of 9 Posts