Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so i finally got a chance to go to the range for the first time since ive gotten my new 24/7 i know the slide locks after the last round is fired but i noticed the slide was locking with one round left in the mag?? why is it doing that? please help! thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting. The only two things I can think of is that the bullet is tilting the follower which is allowing the follower to engage the lock or the follower is just a tad to big.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Love my 24/7 40 I have not had that issue it will be interesting to hear what the cause is. Like mentioned above is that with both mags? When I received mine I took the mags down and smoothed the sides of the follower that slide against the sides of the mags body because I noticed the had some drag in them this helped. Might want to check and make sure the springs are in the right way in your mag or mags.

·
Registered
36,457 Posts
Interesting. The only two things I can think of is that the bullet is tilting the follower which is allowing the follower to engage the lock or the follower is just a tad to big.
Thats right along my mind train of thought as well!
i would think its definitey a follower problem.
look at the 2 magazines that you have unloaded and see if there is a difference in the height of the follower, also push the followers up and down inside the magazine and see if they move freely.
is the magazine body fairly tight on the follower to prevent any twisting or tilting?
one should throughly clean Taurus magazines on the inside before use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That makes perfect sense! I was only using the one mag when this was happening, but i'll smooth down the sides of the follower and clean the inside of the mag... its definitely not smooth when i push down on the follower so im sure thats what it is! should i just use fine grit sandpaper to smooth it down?

·
Registered
36,457 Posts
Disassemble the mags first and see if the problem is the follower or rough spots, burrs in the magazine shell (inside), if you find flashing (the excess plastic that remains from the injection molding of the follower) then many times a sharp knife will clean this up, or a very fine sand paper, emery cloth or even a dremel with a felt wheel. same for the magazine body if thats a problem.
IF you want to lubricate the inside of the magazine body then only use a dri -lubricant , not a wet oil or spray as they simply catch and hold grit, powder and debris from firing as well as lint.
IF this don't fix you up check back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts