Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is some good quality range ammo that you guys like to use for your 24/7 G2 Compact .45? Thank You in advance for your suggestions.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
What harry said.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
When I still bought factory ammo, for 9mm and .45acp, I liked PMC and S&B (Sellier & Bellot) never had a problem with either.

·
Super Moderator
27,052 Posts
I buy whatever is available. To be perfectly honest with the weapons I have, almost anything works.
But I ditto the comments about Freedom. Not that I would use the reman in my Tauri you understand?

Reactions: darbo and olfarhors

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I'm cheap, what ever is on sale. never had a problem with anything. :)

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
I usually buy whatever is available at Wal-Mart, Federal, Remington, PPU, Perfecta, ZQ, Winchester, etc.. Luckily the .45 ACP isn't a "fast" round, so even a slightly underpowered brand will still cycle just fine.

·
Registered
36,649 Posts
Depends on what color box that you are partial to!
there rally aren't many new factory bad rounds out there to be honest.
ammunition manufacture wouldn't be in business making factory bad ammo.
See what your particular gun likes best.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I picked up some Perfecta from Wally World for $10.97 for 50 rds. and it shoots great. It is made by Tulammo.

·
Administrator
18,081 Posts
Lately, it's been Federal Champion at Wally World. A bit on the dirty side, but of decent quality.

·
Registered
64 Posts
All I've been finding is Tulammo ammo at our local WalMarts but the had some BrassMaxxx today for 23.97 100 rds. I cant see me paying 16.97 for 50 rds. Winchester.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Winchester is the cheapest for a box of 50 around here, so that's what I've gotten the most of and it's been really nice. Remington and Blazer have also been pretty good; Magtech was ok but it was really​ dirty, and a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
64 Posts
WalMart just started selling Perfecta made by Tulammo and it shoots clean @ 10.97 for 50 rounds I stocked up with over 1000 rounds only because I bought it all. One of the customers asked why I couldn't leave any for the other guy and I told him I am the other guy.

Reactions: 302Hunter
1 - 14 of 14 Posts