Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok dont get scared I'm not out to bash it. I do love it and enjoy shooting it. I just noticed one thing. It seems as though when you pull the hammer back to rotate the cylinder. Its very smooth for 3/5 chamber, smooth for 1 of the chambers, and not so smooth for the last chamber. It is the same chambers each time around. You dont see it but you feel it in the hammer. Also inside the little star thingy in the middle of the cylinder, the grooves seem almost uneven. It didnt cause any issues while shooting but I noticed it while showing the gun off to my brothers. Anyone seen this or heard of it?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well I have not had that problem, but maybe someone here can give you some ideas as to what check. Not sure if that star would be the problem, or not. I was thinking more about maybe the cylinder, being slightly off on the crane, and then I said Naw!!
Mine has been smooth as silk, on all cylinders, so wait for more answers from the group.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine seem smooth enough but I know what you're talking about when mentioning the "star". I have 2 Judges and the cutouts are considerably better than the other but still looks like they just gouged out the cuts ....it's really rough in my opinion. Although it bothers me aesthetically, as long as they shoot OK then I guess it's OK since you can't see the shoddy mill work (or whatever it's called).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts