Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good quailty supporting belt seems to be one of the most overlooked items or pieces of gear regardless of the forum visited. Many, especially the folks new to CCW or even open carry do not realize the importance of it.

I thought it might be a good idea to get a running thread of different makers- suppliers and/or manufacturers. ALSO maybe your personal experience with it- what you LIKE or DISLIKE about brand X or style X

Perhaps if we get enough data the mods may even sticky it for future easy referral?

Respects- Brizzo

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I have only used belts from one company---Gould & Goodrich. Highest quality, they last a lifetime and provide a sturdy platform for any handgun.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
was wondering about this my self.. but all the belts i looked at was wide, that either wont fit in belt loops or if they do will look totally out of place.. then what?

im thinking a nice thick leather belt is probably the best option.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I learned the hard way, to not buy! CHINESE LEATHER BELTS!!

This was before the toy thing! Lovely wide belt, felt good, had three holes and buckle all thru it. Lots of adjustment available.

However, after less than three days, the back of the belt seperated, well actually it disintegrated is a better term. Anywhere you put the buckle it just started coming apart during the wearing.

So not only the strength, and support needs to be looked at but inspect the back of the belt. Some have been laminated with cardboard, "yeah, I said cardboard" to allow them to use thinner leathers and make the belt look thicker and nicer.

This belt continues to function well, but actually it is about 25% leather and 75% cardboard. The fact that it did not fall totally apart amazes me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here's the belts that I make. They're double layer 1/4 in thick, glued, sewn, and riveted construction. Very sturdy! A good belt makes concealed carry a lot more comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts