Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and the other way around (Beretta 90-two .40 barrel into Taurus PT100)

also does anybody have any experience with using EFK 9mm conversion barrels
on Taurus PT101 or Beretta 96 or beretta 90-two
(I am in the process of deciding if I should get berretta 90-two in .40 or Taurus Pt101
and bunch of conversion barrels by EFK for different calibers)

thank you

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
unsure about the 90-two / pt100 swap..

i believe the 90-two has same type of barrel as the 92/96/98 so it "should" work..

although i've never tried it replacement barrels are marketed to fit both taurus and beretta 92/pt92(9), 96/pt100(1)

so i guess the answers is "i think so" but im unsure.

·
Administrator
18,116 Posts
From your PM

do you know if beretta 90-2.40 barrel is identical to the beretta 96 barrel?

The Beretta 90-2 is currently available in 9mm only at this writing. I have not seen a .40 Caliber version for sale as yet. If and when it does become available, it will probably be called the 90-6, if current naming trends hold. A .40 Caliber Barrel typically will not fit a 9mm Slide, as the Slide BoltFace will be smaller. 9mm barrels may work in a .40 Caliber Slide, but their will be some slop in the fit and there may be feeding problems due to the Slide Boltface not guiding the base of the shell being stripped from the magazine. The magazine however, may still guide and feed it and the Extractor may still fit if it is long enough. (A lot of maybes here.) Not ideal, but it could work. I prefer to buy the appropriately chambered and calibered pistol and stick with that! If you bought a 9mm Slide and Recoil Spring to go with your conversion, that would be ideal, but then you would have about just as much in it as buying two separate guns.

The 9mm barrels of the Beretta 90-2, the Beretta 92, and the Taurus PT92 should interchange with no fitting.

Also -- may be you know this,will a .22 conversion for 96/92 fit the 90-two?

I believe so. Ask Beretta or the maker of the Conversion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for all the replies

I have collected a bit more info, and would like to follow up here as well

Beretta 90-two and 92 barrels are interchangeable
http://www.beretta-e.org/index.php?title=Beretta_90-Two_FAQ
That would mean they are interchengeable with Taurus

Beretta does have .40 versio of 90-two -- I just called them
(I will also contact Buds to start following up the prices)

and I also asked the Beretta guy if
Centurion upper can fit on top of Beretta 92 Vertec -- and he
said it should -- but they do not recommend it. I assume that
answer would also apply to PT92

I also got somewhere (an unsure may be) that the .22 LR kits
are interchangeable between PT, 92, 90-two

thank you again
for all the replies

·
Registered
634 Posts
This good stuff, I've heard that glock 40's will shot 9mm with a barrel/mag swap, didn't know about the taurus. I was all set to buy a 9mm until today.

http://www.22lrconversions.com/ber-pg.htm

Ciener order form has a different place to check if you want a Taurus vs. Beretta 22 kit. I suspect that the kits may be the same, but the magazines are different. I believe the Taurus & Beratta mags are not interchangable because of where the mag catch is.

I'm leaning Taurus instead of Beretta because of the safety location. A taurus controls are frame mounted, the beretta controls slide mounted, the Ciener kit has no slide mounted controls. To decock you'll have to use your thumb.

Taurus controls are more standard to me, thumb swipe down to fire, same as all PT series, all 1911's, M&P & XD's with manual safes. Beretta does match my Walther P22 and other European models.

David

·
Registered
166 Posts
This statement is incorrect. The Ninety Two platform was designed from the ground up as a platform for the 40 cal round.

I do not think the 22 LR conversions will work on the different brands of pistol. I would pick up the ninety two or the Beretta 92 if I were you. If you shop around you can get a new 92 for under 400 bucks.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
The Ninety Two platform was designed from the ground up as a platform for the 40 cal round
+1

.40 caliber 90two was out before the 9mm version...

I also asked the Beretta guy if Centurion upper can fit on top of Beretta 92 Vertec -- and he said it should -- but they do not recommend it. I assume that answer would also apply to PT92
Centurian model will fit the FS model, but I don't think you can throw the Centurion slide onto Taurus frame and expect it to work; because of the difference in safety location.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you shop around you can get a new 92 for under 400 bucks.
I think the above is correct for slightly used ones -- but I did not see a new one for that price -- but I did not look for a couple of weeks
either (so I might be wrong there).

I ended up picking up almost new
92 Vertec (thinner grip for my
short and fat hands :) ) and 6 mags
(2 factory and 4 aftermarket) for 445 shipping included.
Also got used 96G upper (to shoot .40) for 180 shipped.

I like the safety on Taurus better,
but I was a bit concerned (may be unreasonably so) with the locking block.
My understanding is that the newer berettas have what's called
Gen 3 locking block, wich is supposed to be
lasting 3-5 times longer than the standard one.

However Taurus keeps using the one that can
be made on the older Beretta equipment.

I doubt that I personally would outshoot
either Taurus's or Beretta's capabilities
and I would not carry either (since they
are too big for FL dress-code and my statue)

----
Taurus: PT 111 Ti, PT 1911, 617SS2C

·
Registered
166 Posts
platform said:
I think the above is correct for slightly used ones -- but I did not see a new one for that price --
I got my NIB beretta 92 FS for 389.99 at a gun show in Houston in January. At the time I figured I would get a PT92 but when I saw the price of the Beretta I was like score!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Bubba said:
I got my NIB beretta 92 FS for 389.99 at a gun show in Houston in January. At the time I figured I would get a PT92 but when I saw the price of the Beretta I was like score!
Wow! That's actually cheaper than some of the PT92s that I've seen.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
ya thats a great price, cheapest i've heard of is 400 for a m9/fs.. nib, but i never seem to find those sorts of deals..

however Y guns can be had for 400 without as much trouble.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts