·
Administrator
17,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I could go for something like this:

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
I'm thinking the price tag is north of 1500? I'm not that interested to even look. My 7.5" DI with the Shockwave Brace is about as far as I'll go into this style of shooting.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
I built a Adams Arms piston AR-15 about 10 years ago and love the way it functions and keeps itself clean. Cost me about $175 more than the standard AR I build and worth every penny.

·
Super Moderator
13,778 Posts
Only three posts in this thread, and now I'm thinking I need a piston AR-15 pistol. (Note that I skipped "want" and went directly to "need.") Enablers R Us, indeed.

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
Only three posts in this thread, and now I'm thinking I need a piston AR-15 pistol. (Note that I skipped "want" and went directly to "need.") Enablers R Us, indeed.
hmmmm...is it possible or even economical to convert my DI 5.56 pistol to piston?

·
Administrator
17,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmmm...is it possible or even economical to convert my DI 5.56 pistol to piston?
Yes! Adams Arms and other conversion kit makers may have a conversion kit, but Barrel length and Gas Port location are the critical measurements for determining compatibility.

https://www.adamsarms.net/kits

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
I'm thinking the price tag is north of 1500? I'm not that interested to even look. My 7.5" DI with the Shockwave Brace is about as far as I'll go into this style of shooting.
I've always thought that the price was closer to $2,000 for a piston driven AR. Maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
I've always thought that the price was closer to $2,000 for a piston driven AR. Maybe I'm wrong.
I'm sure you can spend over 2 grand, but buying a AR build kit plus the Adams $220 piston kit makes it really affordable. And yes Adams has different kits for your size of barrel including a pistol kit.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Yes. I dislike it too, but my wife HATES it. :p

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
I'm sure you can spend over 2 grand, but buying a AR build kit plus the Adams $220 piston kit makes it really affordable. And yes Adams has different kits for your size of barrel including a pistol kit.
The part that intrigues me the most is the lessening of the muzzle blast. I may send them an inquiry with the specs of my AR pistols and see what they think. Heck, the standard mil-spec BCG could be liquidated for probably 80-90 bucks or more in the current environment to offset the cost.

Reactions: Bruntson
1 - 10 of 10 Posts