Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday I got to put 100 rounds through my PT24/7. The gun shoots very nice, very manageable recoil, and it returns perfectly. I wasn't quite expecting it to eject the empties quite as far away from me as it did (about 12 feet), but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. The only things I noticed from shooting was that I need to find a different place for my thumb, as one time I accidentally released the magazine while shooting because my thumb hit the release, and I need to develop a better stance, as I was leaning back pretty far, almost like I was shooting a rifle.

But all in all, I enjoy the gun, it shoots very nice, and is very comfortable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How's the aim on the fixed sights? Does it shoot low with a 6 o'clock sight picture or does it require a dead on sight picture?

·
Registered
212 Posts
For your stance and grip, you can search the internet for suggestions or dole out a little money for a 1hr. training session. Either will probably help, real training is probably the best route. On the internet, you'll find nuggets of good info & some dis-information. With a trainer, they can help you find a style that suits you & help work on specific problem areas. Good luck either way!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Do you lean back when you shoot a rifle threefortyduster? I ask because leaning into it typically produces better results and is definitely useful for the more powerful rounds; or if the shooter happens to be smaller. See this clip that was posted elsewhere:
Sounds like you got yourself a a good gun; comfortability factor means a lot. Good to hear those eject far away from you; a couple of my guns (h&k's in particular) tend to pop them directly on the top of my head!

·
Registered
663 Posts
threefortyduster said:
The gun shoots very nice, very manageable recoil
I found my 45 to be very easy on the recoil. Don't know what the secret is

I need to find a different place for my thumb, as one time I accidentally released the magazine while shooting because my thumb hit the release,
Maybe a bit of a white knuckle hold?

JimL

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mrglock said:
Do you lean back when you shoot a rifle threefortyduster? I ask because leaning into it typically produces better results and is definitely useful for the more powerful rounds; or if the shooter happens to be smaller.
I'm definitely not a large frame, but when I use my 12 gauge or anything, I do stand into it more. If just seems that when I first held the pistol, I appeared leaning.

Maybe a bit of a white knuckle hold?
Definitely possible...it was during my first set through, so that is a possibility.

·
Registered
43 Posts
threefortyduster said:
I wasn't quite expecting it to eject the empties quite as far away from me as it did (about 12 feet),
My 24/7 shoots the casings out so hard they bounce off the side of the shooting lane and come back and hit me in the face or on the head, some even hit the light above and came down on my head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts