Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a facebook link for a Lady in Lubbock who is selling purses with holsters, I read about her in the local news. Not my style, but I'm sure the ladies will like them, a little too frilly for me....maybe up Smokewagon's alley....to give to his wife of course! :)

https://www.facebook.com/Lollieposh?ref=ts&fref=ts

Reactions: Slakev

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
The wife will not carry in a purse, it must be on her person.
[don't even ask me where she got that notion]
Her first response to the pics of the purses was......
the handles are so short that you can't put the purse
over your body...to protect your belongings, much less,
if you had a firearm in it.
My thoughts were......
why can't someone, no matter the cost, come up with a decent
way to carry a snub-nosed .38 in a thong.....on the beach ???
Mine always looks like Elvis poked a sausage in there......
and I don't even carry 'forward'....!!!
I put my CCW in the back, it also helps to fend off some that
may look at my derriere......and have any ideas......
I'm married........happily.....jeez.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice purses for those who want to carry in their purse. I can't carry at work, so there's no point. And well, $250 per purse is way steep for me anyway. Lol!

·
Banned
17,333 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have the Roma 7084, which is a nice size. Not too big for a small woman, but large enough to carry a gun and wallet, plus other items. This is a good price too - about eight dollars cheaper than what I paid.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'd just love to see some sort of purse holster that could be secured inside of a purse I already own.... I don't love the idea of my gun just floating around loose in there but I do have purses that I love and don't want to part with. I looked at a few "CCW" purses but I think purse style is just really subjective and most were not my style at all. My purses are typically something that is conservative enough to go equally well with jeans and sneakers or a little black dress without sticking out. Haven't found a gun purse that is subtle enough for that yet. CCW permit takes like 3 months in FL right now so I'm not carrying anywhere till this summer anyhow.

·
Administrator
40,257 Posts
I'd just love to see some sort of purse holster that could be secured inside of a purse I already own.... I don't love the idea of my gun just floating around loose in there but I do have purses that I love and don't want to part with. I looked at a few "CCW" purses but I think purse style is just really subjective and most were not my style at all. My purses are typically something that is conservative enough to go equally well with jeans and sneakers or a little black dress without sticking out. Haven't found a gun purse that is subtle enough for that yet. CCW permit takes like 3 months in FL right now so I'm not carrying anywhere till this summer anyhow.

You might consider a IWB clip holster. It could be placed inside one of the pockets of a purse, with the clip securing it. It would take some experimentation, depending on the size of the firearm you intend to carry, but seems to me that it could be workable. But then again, what do I know about purses?!

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You might consider a IWB clip holster. It could be placed inside one of the pockets of a purse, with the clip securing it. It would take some experimentation, depending on the size of the firearm you intend to carry, but seems to me that it could be workable. But then again, what do I know about purses?!
Did you quit carrying???? :unsure:

Reactions: dfa24.7

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
You could probably do a crafty self modification on your favorite purses with a holster that you like so that you have the flexibility to move your carry piece as you change accessories/outfits. Just spit balling, sew some Velcro inside and then on the back of your holster to just stick it in as you go, maybe some DIY replacement blue jean buttons and eyelets to attach it, or get one of those elastic belly band holsters and sew it inside permanently. Just an idea.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You could probably do a crafty self modification on your favorite purses with a holster that you like so that you have the flexibility to move your carry piece as you change accessories/outfits. Just spit balling, sew some Velcro inside and then on the back of your holster to just stick it in as you go, maybe some DIY replacement blue jean buttons and eyelets to attach it, or get one of those elastic belly band holsters and sew it inside permanently. Just an idea.

I do have my maternity belly bands that I used before I was ready to subccumb to the indignity of maternity jeans but after my top button would not fasten any more.... Wonder if I could just shove a gun in one of those?

·
Administrator
40,257 Posts
I do have my maternity belly bands that I used before I was ready to subccumb to the indignity of maternity jeans but after my top button would not fasten any more.... Wonder if I could just shove a gun in one of those?
Too much information! I'm outta this one! :shocked:

·
Registered
570 Posts
That would be more secure than in a snatchable purse, imho.

Another thing to keep in mind, if you keep your cell phone or firearm in your purse and accidentally lock it in your car you won't be able to call a locksmith or defend yourself. On your person is always a better choice. Just throwing it out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts