Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

John Steinbeck issued a warning that all should remember:
"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass kickin'.

And remember, GOD created man, Sam Colt made them equal

·
Administrator
40,380 Posts
Very good! And Very True. :thumb:

·
Registered
159 Posts
haha, nice

·
Registered
402 Posts
Amen, brother.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
because i can, because it's the great equalizer, and because when the shtf i want something a little more dangerous then my finger to point.

because all the men and women that died protecting our freedoms, that we sometimes take for granted, including the 2a.

just last night my sisters usually quiet street had a drive-by, the target? her neighbors house.

this was however not a random event, the owner of the house rented it out to these people a few months ago.. we knew something was not right.

no one over there has a job but has wads of cash in their pockets.
cars coming and going all hours of the night and they have different cars every day.

we suspect drug dealing but are'nt sure, she knows the land lord but he has had a lot of dead beats in there that have trashed the house a few times, he said he did'nt care what they did as long as they paid the bills.

last night around midnight/1am or so 4 shots, i was working on my fathers house a few blocks over and heard them i could tell it was gun fire but i never pay any attention to it because i hear it all the time where i live.. although it's rare in this neighborhood.

it did not accrue to me that it was a shooting i figured perhaps someone shooting off so close to 4th july.

a few mins later my sister calls and tells us what happen.. they lost control and ran into a ditch at the end of the street.. which if you dont know the area it drops off to a steep ditch and would be easy to crash into.

they fled on foot, not sure if they was caught, bullet proof vest and a gun was recovered.

news crews was there but have nothing on their websites or i'd link to it.

she was not the target of the drive by.. luckly none of the shots hit any of the other houses but it just shows you how there are people out there ready to use the gun i think it's a perfect example of why you should carry.

·
Registered
959 Posts
+1 on that statement...<:))

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Good post, jwc007. I liked it so much I forwarded it on to a couple of friends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts