Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in search of a complete pistol frame to mate to a PT-111 Pro Millennium edition, since I've seen a complete parts kit minus the frame selling on eBay. Has anyone seen where a frame can be found?

·
22,963 Posts
A dealer is probably going to be your only bet. For most semiauto pistols, the frame is the part that's serial numbered and so, according to the ATF, that's the actual gun. So unless you find one that you can buy private citizen to private citizen (state laws allowing; I don't know where you are from your member info), you're going to need to buy a frame as if it were a complete pistol from a legal standpoint.

welcome from New Mexico.JPG

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Probably more cost effective to buy a second gun and use the one in worse shape as a parts gun. Of course if there's a problem with your current frame, it should be on the first thing smoking to Miami for Taurus to take care of it.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I do have a question though. Are you doing this to try and have a 'budget' 9mm pistol? If so, you're probably going to be disappointed. Officially, there are no 'Parts Kits' for any Taurus pistols since they carry lifetime warranties. Buying this isn't like buying an AK parts kit and a snow shovel to make a complete rifle, there's much more engineering involved creating the 'frame' pieces to fit into the polymer.

If you want a cheap 9mm, get a Hi-Point. They may be a tad on the ugly side to some, but they do the job and are reliable at a cost of $200 or less in most areas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts