Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went in to this local gun store around from neighborhood to look around around and spotted a Taurus 856 Defender in stainless for $360, which is about $40 to $50 less than online. It was the only one in the store. Well I purchased and I’m headed home with it now. I’m sure it’s just as good as the snub 856 that I got.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a 689 .357 and it's an amazing piece. To big to carry (sadly) because I can shoot that thing with deadly accuracy unlike my G3C and G2S. Yeah accurate enough to get the job done with them, but not like that .357.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi everyone im in glendale az and im looking for a pt145 millinium pro stainless in 45 cal enyone know where to look for one would be helpfull thank you.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
Congrats on your new wheel gun.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Congrats on your new acquisition. Next, give us a progress report on finding food for it without having to take out a signature loan.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Went in to this local gun store around from neighborhood to look around around and spotted a Taurus 856 Defender in stainless for $360, which is about $40 to $50 less than online......
Not to mention not having to pay for "tax, title & license" when ordering online. Add an additional $50 savings for that too.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Not to mention not having to pay for "tax, title & license" when ordering online. Add an additional $50 savings for that too.
Nobody had them locally, so the final price online for mine was $339, then $25 for FFL. I didn't think $364 was too bad.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Nobody had them locally, so the final price online for mine was $339, then $25 for FFL. I didn't think $364 was too bad.
You're correct. That isn't much of a difference from what the OP paid for his. So, in addition to the FFL fee you didn't have to pay any shipping costs or state sales tax?

Reactions: Dad1911

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Funny thing is I think the local gun store I purchased it from had the only one in the city. I could be wrong but, but the previous shops I’ve been to and go to often didn’t have any.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I picked the same gun up last Thursday from a LGS, with tax and fees $373 out the door. Only place around that had one that I could pick up and fondle before buying, which is the only issue I have with buying online. Sometimes it doesn't matter but this time it did. I had looked at one of the 856UL at another LGS and for me it was too light, I wanted to make sure the Defender felt good before I bought it.

The Hogue grip pinched my knuckle between the trigger guard and grip (and I knew shooting it would have made it worse) so I changed to the Taurus grip. The Taurus grip is shorter (pinky finger hangs off) but doesn't pinch so I'm good, but I did end up ordering a grip from ATI that is somewhat larger/longer and should get that Saturday. If it feels better I'll let you folks know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I picked the same gun up last Thursday from a LGS, with tax and fees $373 out the door. Only place around that had one that I could pick up and fondle before buying, which is the only issue I have with buying online. Sometimes it doesn't matter but this time it did. I had looked at one of the 856UL at another LGS and for me it was too light, I wanted to make sure the Defender felt good before I bought it.

The Hogue grip pinched my knuckle between the trigger guard and grip (and I knew shooting it would have made it worse) so I changed to the Taurus grip. The Taurus grip is shorter (pinky finger hangs off) but doesn't pinch so I'm good, but I did end up ordering a grip from ATI that is somewhat larger/longer and should get that Saturday. If it feels better I'll let you folks know.
I never really cared for the UL versions, I like my firearms with weight on them, maybe when I’m older I will change my mind but for now steel is the way for me. If you don’t mind will you share that ATI link, I ordered some rosewood grips made by Pachmyr from Amazon myself. I’m curious about the grips from ATI that you mentioned though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts