Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give you cats some feedback on the Mec-Gar 18 round flush-fit magazine for the PT 917/92 series of guns, and offer props to a retailer who really understands how to Git It Done.

The magazine is built like a tank - the metal's not the cheesy, thin, weak steel used by Taurus to make their stock magazines. It's high-grade, beautifully finished, and is coated with a Teflon antifriction coating. There are holes in the back of the magazine for all 18 rounds. There are stiffening crimps in the feed lips the Taurus stock mags don't have. The engravings are precise, deep, and clean. The plastic floorplate looks and feels like you could take it through 10 pistol classes at Thunder Ridge without failure. The spring seems twice as strong as the Taurus mags did when they were new. Plus, the damn thing was all of $23.95 + $5.95 shipped USPS Priority Mail. Greg Cote, L.L.C., the vendor, got it done in short order (I'm not affiliated with his company in any way) with great communication.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Thanks for the info on where you got it as well as the price.

I really like the Mec-Gar mags I have. I think they are better than the two Taurus mags I have for my 99 and my 917.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts