Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have liked my Taurus auto's so much went and bought the revolving type...

Now to get it home and send some lead down range. Looks like my gf is gonna carry it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Nice looking piece, I hope you enjoy shooting it as well as your gf.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
A really, really nice looking gun!!! I know you'll enjoy shooting that....

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Nice ultra-light, i'm sure it's gonna be a fun one. Make sure we get a range report ASAP.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Sweet! If the grips are not long enough for her, a slightly longer combat set can be had for $9 from Taurus -- that's what I did with my 851.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys.

Sweet! If the grips are not long enough for her, a slightly longer combat set can be had for $9 from Taurus -- that's what I did with my 851.

They should be fine...she thinks the PT-709 I have is big...

Well I hurried home with a box of Remington 130gr FMJ and a box of Magtech Guardian Gold 125gr. JHP. Results...the left side is at 7 yards and the first two shots up in the brown were the first time ever shooting a DA revolver. Leveled it out and did good.

Backed up to ten yards for the right one. The two bottom left shots and the very top right were rushed cause the stupid mosquito's were eating me up.

I'm thinking there are gonna be a few more revolvers in my future. What a sweet little gun!

Attachments

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
:thumb:That's really a nice-looking revolver. :thumb:

I do so like the matte stainless finish they are putting on handguns these days.

Got a couple, myself! :guns:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well after buying the 85, and carrying it everywhere...I have been keeping my eyes peeled for another Taurus revolver. Found this... An older 817 Ultra-Lite Compensated in .38 special. Got it home cleaned it up oiled it real good and now have a sweet triggered wheel gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
You be careful now. Those things can be addictive!
I have a blued older model 85 and paired it with a stainless model 66. Very good indeed.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Nice peice and nice shooting!!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Backed up to ten yards for the right one. The two bottom left shots and the very top right were rushed cause the stupid mosquito's were eating me up.
Ohhh, I thought maybe you meant that was where the mosquito's landed on your target, or atleast that's what I would have said, lol...

Coop

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You be careful now. Those things can be addictive!
I have a blued older model 85 and paired it with a stainless model 66. Very good indeed.
Too late! Already hooked. Thinking I need to add a .22 to the mix...

Ohhh, I thought maybe you meant that was where the mosquito's landed on your target, or atleast that's what I would have said, lol...

Coop
These things are no joke down here...I think some of them have 1'' wingspans!

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Congrats on the new gun!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts