Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll get some impressions up once she is home, I plan on ordering Steve's kit and doing the fluff n buff/action job and a stainless plug for the safety, and probably polishing the loading gate as I am not a fan of the contrasting finish on it - She is stainless with gorgeous dark wood- thanks Smoky Mtn Guns & Ammo for a great deal!

Wood Rectangle Bicycle part Automotive exterior Tool

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For me it came down to which caliber could I 'all purpose' with in a pistol carbine that was more punch than a 9mm

I have three 357's (605, SP101, and S&W Model 66) and three 38's now (S&W 642, wifes 642, and the Taurus 856 Executive) so it was no question to add the Rossi in 357

My friend on the other hand has a few firearms in 45LC and wants a lever gun as well so for him it would make sense to get 45LC - he is also getting a Judge since he shoots 410 as well (whereas I keep 12ga only)

Either way - you can't go wrong - get one now! They have a few more back in stock at KyGunCo now in 357 and 45LC

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Calipers Tool Wood Hardwood Hand tool

Wood Everyday carry Font Metal Fashion accessory

Picked her up and she is a beat - The cherry wood is some of the most gorgeous colored furniture I've ever seen - wanted to show the contrast between my hickory floors and the Altamont walnut on my 856EX

I do think what I'll do is just get Steve's safety plug and maybe the stainless mag follower, and I'll just slick the action up by working it and cleaning and relubing once or twice - Its plenty smooth for me now, nice and tight - If I don't have to upgrade anything else for reliability sake then I'll just enjoy it as the bargain that it is in today's market

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I also agree (very slick out of the box)

I think I'll replace the follower with Steve's and the safety plug and shoot it some, maybe replace the front brass bead with ivory down the line but a lot of guys spend time replacing and tinkering with parts but it is a good rifle well built out of the box -

I wish the loading gate was also stainless but I think I can smooth the finish down so its silver -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts