Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll get some impressions up once she is home, I plan on ordering Steve's kit and doing the fluff n buff/action job and a stainless plug for the safety, and probably polishing the loading gate as I am not a fan of the contrasting finish on it - She is stainless with gorgeous dark wood- thanks Smoky Mtn Guns & Ammo for a great deal!

Wood Rectangle Bicycle part Automotive exterior Tool

·
Registered
10,887 Posts
Very nice, congratulations!

Reactions: ricky_bobby

·
Super Moderator
40,969 Posts
Beautiful in SS, congratulations !

·
9,690 Posts
Beautiful. You are right the stain is more of a dark walnut instead of the reddish oak stain on mine. Let us know how steve's parts workout for you.

·
Registered
787 Posts
These things are pretty smooth right out of the box, but with a little action work and a few additions they can be buttery smooth in no time. Very easy to do.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Super Moderator
40,969 Posts
These things are pretty smooth right out of the box, but with a little action work and a few additions they can be buttery smooth in no time. Very easy to do.
Yep, I cleaned and lubed mine working the action a couple of hundred time. Good to go!

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 30-30 94 for deer, but I can’t help still wanting a Rossi 92. And I’m still on the fence between 357 and 45. I keep weighing the pros and cons: cost, availability, plinking, self defense, deer. I think I’m leaning 357 for practical reasons but just really like the idea of 45 instead. If I have the 30-30 for deer, I should probably go 357 for the Rossi for plinking and self defense. I’ve been weighing these same questions over and over AND over for probably a year or more.

Congrats on your 92! Beautiful gun. Have fun shooting it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For me it came down to which caliber could I 'all purpose' with in a pistol carbine that was more punch than a 9mm

I have three 357's (605, SP101, and S&W Model 66) and three 38's now (S&W 642, wifes 642, and the Taurus 856 Executive) so it was no question to add the Rossi in 357

My friend on the other hand has a few firearms in 45LC and wants a lever gun as well so for him it would make sense to get 45LC - he is also getting a Judge since he shoots 410 as well (whereas I keep 12ga only)

Either way - you can't go wrong - get one now! They have a few more back in stock at KyGunCo now in 357 and 45LC

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I have a blue 20” 92 in 357/38 and love the thing. It’s here to stay. Plus the wife would shoot me with it if I wanted to get rid of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts