Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled some pistol bullets with a Impact Bullet Puller.
Is there any problem with using them again?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Shouldn't be. I've done it numerous times.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I've even reloaded bullets with non-function impacting deformities just because I didn't want to waste them. They shoot fine.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Should be good to go, I have done it several times.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,244 Posts
Another Yes, although, I use them the second time, as plinking rounds.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Yep. Bought specialty bullets sold as pulled too either as a great bargain or difficult to find.

Give them an extra look and be aware of neck tension - especially with rounds with below average case contact area.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Yep. Bought specialty bullets sold as pulled too either as a great bargain or difficult to find.

Give them an extra look and be aware of neck tension - especially with rounds with below average case contact area.
Good point there, when ever I pull bullets I always resize the brass that held the bullets before trying to load that brass.

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
I just pulled some pistol bullets with a Impact Bullet Puller.
Is there any problem with using them again?
it depends!
on the type of projectile that it is.
IF plated/ cast lead then I give them a good look over to make sure they haven' t had the plating removed by shaving or by being crimped to much.
if so I chunk them, course now realize that honestly I really don't remember the last time that I needed to pull projectiles.
IF FMJ or Jacketed ,well I doubt that you will see any damage unless you really made a Boo-Boo when you put them together.

Reactions: mingaa and Yissnakk

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I'm gonna have to disagree with the group on this one. This could be a very dangerous practice. The safest thing to do is send them to me for proper disposal. I'll PM you my address.:D

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
I'll go you one better. I've bought pulled bullets from decommissioned ammo for loading. They work just fine.
There are quite a few companies that sale pulled military contract projectiles from completed bullets.
many sale both the brass and the projectiles.
I must have 1500-1800 all copper BTFMJ for the 223/556 down in the labora-tory.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
There are quite a few companies that sale pulled military contract projectiles from completed bullets.
many sale both the brass and the projectiles.
I must have 1500-1800 all copper BTFMJ for the 223/556 down in the labora-tory.
I like American Reloading and Gun Broker among others. ;)

https://americanreloading.com/en/

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I hope so I recently bought some pulled 9mm 're I was led to understand they were military over runs several different sizes I've never used before like 147 grain very nice looking projectiles

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts