Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Need some help. I want to teardown my Taurus PT99 completely and finish a polish job. Anybody have a process or video of a complete teardown, just not field stripping? Thanks

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Go to www.taurususa.com and look in the product manuals section for a 'Metallic Semi-Auto Pistols' manual. It will have the diagram for removing everything and even flipping over the mag release if you so choose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! What about removing the front lever to release the slide? Any idea on removing that? This gun is an awesome piece but just needs some TLC. I can have it polished but I want to do this.

·
Registered
14,176 Posts
Are you talking about how to remove that lever and pin? I'll have to go pull out a PT to check for sure (but that's ok I have a new PT92 that I need to do the initial cleaning on). But, I was thinking that it just flipped over and pulled out. Now there is a sequence that needs to be followed in the take down process.

·
Registered
14,176 Posts
On that lever, when you remove the slide you push the button in from the other side and move the lever downward to allow the slide to remove. To remove the lever, rotate the lever upwards and around then it will pull out. Keep your eyes open for a small spring to be launched as you pull the lever out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.