Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PT 99 AFS. The serial number check said it wasmanufactured in 2008. I have not been able to decode the TAV in the beginning ofthe serial number. I read that the thirdletter was the month it was manufactured but that would not apply to the letter“V” at the end of mine.
If anyone has information on this I would appreciate yourinput. Serial number TAV33776.

·
Registered
21,536 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I haven't a clue, so I suggest giving Taurus a call, they should be able to help.

Customer Service
Phone: (305) 624-1115
Fax: (305) 624-1126

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Welcome to TA, I'm sure you'll find the site and our members very informative and entertaining to say the very least. I hope you enjoy your time here.

My 92 was built in 2012, and it starts with TEU. I haven't called CS for any clarification on the month, but hopefully I'll never have to worry about that. Truthfully, the month is irrelivent when it comes to a pistol made in 2008. The month only mattered for the first year of the warranty concerning cosmetic defects and shipping it back to Miami for repair work. At this point in time, it would simply be a little bit of extra information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i too just traded an AK for a 1990 pt99 afs ss safequeen+extras+cash. i love it, great guns.
what finish package did you get?

Im glad i found one with the pearlized s.s. frame finish and the 5" barrel. now all i need to do is find some nice wood or hogue om grips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.