Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time at the range the rear sight for my PT99AF departed the weapon. I found the part of the rear sight that broke, but what comes next? I contacted Taurus and they do not make the rear sight anymore. The lady on the other end did say, "You know your gun was produced in 1988," like that was an issue. I've searched Numrich Gun Parts, eBay, and other online sources, but there doesn't seem to be anyone manufacturing an after market sight, or a surplus sight available. I have adapted an under barrel rail for a laser sight, but I'd really like to have a rear sight for the weapon. So I'm looking for your advice.

1. Does anyone know of a source for a replacement sight without extensive modification to the slide?

2. If modifying the slide is the way to go, are there any recommended sights to consider?

3. Is it true that a PT92 slide will fit the PT99? If so, I may go that route as there are a number of PT92 slides on eBay. If I go that way, what adjustable sight fits the PT92, other than the fixed site most 92 slides come with?

My PT99 is a great shooting weapon, and I hope to keep it that way. Thanks in advance.

Rectangle Font Electric blue Metal Automotive exterior
Wood Grey Tints and shades Landscape Sand

Attachments

·
Administrator
41,848 Posts
I don’t own my PT 92 anymore, which is similar to your 99, but I replaced the rear sight with adjustable sights from Pachmayr. Wouldn’t hurt to see what they have to offer.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
16,294 Posts
Well, I’ve not seen them broken there. Did you find the screw and detent?
I’ve purchased parts guns on gunbroker, that came with the rear sight. You might also call Jack First as they have tons of new and used parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I’ve not seen them broken there. Did you find the screw and detent?
I’ve purchased parts guns on gunbroker, that came with the rear sight. You might also call Jack First as they have tons of new and used parts.
Yes, I found the screw and detent, plus a small spring. I'll look at gunbroker and check out Jack First. Thanks

·
Registered
37,954 Posts
YEP!
A big old PITA for PT99 owners, this has been discussed on the boards many, many times, no one makes them and so thats a no go!
seems like somewhere on the boards is a way to convert a model 66 (I think() sight to fit the 99, maybe in the gunsmithing section.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
4 Posts
YEP!
A big old PITA for PT99 owners, this has been discussed on the boards many, many times, no one makes them and so thats a no go!
seems like somewhere on the boards is a way to convert a model 66 (I think() sight to fit the 99, maybe in the gunsmithing section.
I figured I couldn't be the only person who's experienced this. I will check out the gunsmithing section. Thanks for the tip

·
Super Moderator
41,385 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts