Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PT99 that, if not lubed completely (i.e. OVER lubed), won't allow the slide to fully attached to the frame. I'm not sure what part is causing the binding. I lightly oil the frame and slide and insert the slide on the frame. As soon as the slide moves back on the frame to where the rear of the slide lines up with the safety lever, it binds up.

Try as I might, I can't seem to locate what is binding. I try dabbing small additional amounts of oil on various parts, but haven't successfully located what is binding. Eventually, I bathe everything with oil and it then smoothly fully attaches.

Does anyone else have this problem or have suggestions? Again, as far as I can tell, all parts contacting each other have been oiled.

TIA

·
Registered
354 Posts
Although I don't have a binding problem with my PT99, I do see on the top forward part of the the alloy frame where some of the black annodizing has come off from the slide gauling on it a little so you may want to look at that area.

Of course my PT99 is pre-TaurusUSA vintage and was distributed here through the previous importer of these guns, and there may have been some design changes since then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts