Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
The pt745 is the single stack version of the pt145. Look over in the millinium pro section. Several people have left threads in that area. ;D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I haven't owned a 945, but I know several that have. They are a reliable single stack 45 that have a noticably larger grip than the 9mm and 40 cal versions. I wouldn't pick it for concealed carry, but IMO it would make a great home defense/backup gun for hunting.

·
Administrator
18,087 Posts
My PT945 is my Winter House and Carry Gun.

It's been excellent in reliability, but your hand must fit it! Try to get to shoot one before buying, if possible. Mine will beat up the top of my grip hand if I am not careful to hold it lower. Have considered some modification (BeaverTail Removal). Consider also a PT24/7 in .45 ACP.

BTW, for holsters I have a Kydex Glock 21 IWB holster and a Fobus HK-1 Holster that fits the PT945 perfectly.

1998 vintage PT945

·
Administrator
18,087 Posts
Accuracy has been very good! 2 to 3 inches at 50 feet, with my Match 200 grain loadings. Factory 230 grain Ammo tends to go about 3 to 4 inches at 50 feet. This pistol tends to favor ammo in the 185 to 200 grain bullet weights.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought mine for $250 used..for me it's the perfect .45.....I did have the beaver tail taken off though.It's as accurate as I am(good or bad)I use it in IDPA....it fits in my glock 17 holster.No malfunctions of any kind...Love the 3 dot sights too.Plus you can go cocked and locked(which I do)or DA/SA.....the DA is a little heavy.It's balanced well and has little muzzle flip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts