Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PT92CS. I've had it since mid 90's. I have just started shooting again since I got my CCW. I really like how it shoots. I don't see too many posts about it. I know they have discontinued it. I was just wondering if there are any others that use it for a CC, and what ammo they use. :???:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
can sometimes find them on gunbroker, dont have one but ammo will be the same for any other 9mm gun.

ya the compacts was discontinued, there is the 917 out though which is a good choice for the 92 lover that wants to CC, i wanna get one of those, currently carrying my full size 92.

i wonder what happens if you have to send it in for repair.. i guess they'ed give you a different model back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im in love with mine, it is much more accurate than i thought and it is very soft recoiling with reloads. plus it looks great.

·
Registered
29,958 Posts
The PT92CS is a great little gun that should last many life times. :D

Other than it's shortened grip frame, slide & barrel any other PT92 part will fit it.

*(PT92 barrels can be shortened to fit the CS slide if you ever managed to wear one out).

The shortened mags are a little scarce however Beretta 92C mags can be quickly and easily modified to fit it.

Use any premium 9mm JHP's you want for personal defense these puppies are strong! :thumb:

MOONDAWG

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a NIB PT92c (pics in my intro thread), and I'm really anxious to get my hands on it. California sucks for gun owners. At any rate, you can find mags for it pretty easily. If you google PT92c or any variation, you'll get a ton of magazine results. I don't know for sure, but I have heard that the Mecgar magazines are a best buy for this gun. And FTR, the stainless version of the 92c is a supermodel.

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
patientz3ro said:
I don't know for sure, but I have heard that the Mecgar magazines are a best buy for this gun.
IMO, MecGars are the best. I have a regular PT92, bought new in 1992, and MecGars are what I prefer to run!

Congratulations on your new PT92c and Welcome to the Forum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts