Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am trying to price out a PT92C but I am having some difficulty since there are not many on the market. Can anyone offer some knowledge?

It is SS with wood grips, in excellent condition with one mag.

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased my 92 SS w/ regular grips, 2 mags for $359, new in box. Wood grips would probably add a few dollars. Might help your decision?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
starcity07 said:
Well, I got it and paid $360 (with 1 mag). I think it was probably a little high, but what do you do?
If you think you paid more than you believe it was worth, but you wanted it bad enough to pay the higher price, then you got a good deal.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
360 is decent they actualy go for 380-400 nib i paid 380.. personally they're getting a bit close to beretta because prices have fallen and i've heard reports of nib m9's for 399 now, rarely but sometimes even less..

even so a used 92/m9 can be found for around 300.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
You did ok, especially if you didn't want to spend a lot of time trying to locate the best rock bottom price in the country. As long as it was a fair price and you're satisfied, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I've put about 500 rounds through it and I am very satisfied.

I did run into a problem right way - constant jamming of a round. I replaced the spring in the mag and that completely solved it.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'd do a search on gunbroker see what other people want for the same gun... but your models is discontinued so it should be worth more than a used ful size pt92.

·
Banned
23 Posts
To be more specific: I paid $320 cash for a lightly used PT92C after talking the pawnshop dealer down from $350. It is a blued model, not SS. Wood grips, one 13-round clip. Then found extra 13-round clips (one at a time) on eBay for 10-20 bucks each. Ebay recently banned clips for sale, but occasionally some still slip past the listing "police".

Recently bought a 20-round (extended) clip for the 92C from MidwayUSA. Last time I checked, they were out of stock- but could still special order them.

New clips are available, but ya have to do some digging.

I really wish I could find some extra GRIPS for mine. GRIPS for the 92C are impossible to find anywhere. I have tried for months to find a set. Mine are in fine shape, but I prefer rubber over wood- darker, harder to see, and easier to hold (in my opinion).

Your price of $360 sounds reasonable for a good condition SS model, but I'm not an expert. Sure don't see many of these around in SS nor blued.

Glad if this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.