Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was trying to find out what the market value as of now would be for this. nickel finish has no peeling as i have seen on before from others around the muzzle. all original wood grips. in very nice condition. also have about 7 of the 12 round mags for it. including the silver aluminum thick bottom magazine that it came with. all mags are taurus factory mags. nothing on it by aftermarket manufacturers.
any suggestions are greatly appreciated. i would like to give my friend a fair purchase price but not give it away at same time.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Well the MSRP on a stander one right now is $648 but as we all know they sell for $150-200 less than that. Yours looks Stainless not Nickel, has a few dings on the grips and frame. The fact that it is fairly old, as indicated by the fact that it has no Decocker also reduces the value. But the mags don't really loose any value and those sell for about $36, so multiple by 7. I would probably pay $650 for all of it, that's just me though.

·
Registered
36,933 Posts
can't really tell if its nickle or brushed stainless?
I am trying to remeber if they made a stainless back say in early 1990---S.
I would think that your gun dates to near that time period as it doesn't have a decocker but also doesn't have a lanyard ring on the butt either, i think the lanyard loop was discontinued about 1990 or shortly after. also no model 92 has adjustable sights, or better said they all have fixed sights!
its a model 99 if it has adjustable sights.
here I would guess the gun is in the 375-400 buck range, magazines here used are in the 15-20 buck range each at best.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you guys so much for your opinions.
i know for fact it is satin nickel as specified on the factory box label.
serial # TJ105*** if that helps in identity of age.
i think i can now fairly price this for my friend to buy.
thanx :)

·
Registered
36,933 Posts
thank you guys so much for your opinions.
i know for fact it is satin nickel as specified on the factory box label.
serial # TJ105*** if that helps in identity of age.
i think i can now fairly price this for my friend to buy.
thanx :)
Glad to help!
if you really want to know the age then you could run the serial number on the taurus website(find my model), if its not listed there then a call to Customer service and they can usually run it for you and give you birthdate!
on a side note!
I was browsing a local gun forum where firearms are sold and they had 2 taurus PT92 in blue for exactly 400 bucks each, 2 different sellers.
course the extra mags wasn't included.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have this same gun, only the newer version with the decocker. Its actually a pt 92cs if im not mistaken. the upper is stainless and the lower is nickle. with the condition its in, I would say you could get 350-400$ to a gunstore.......on a side note, if u ever decide to get rid of some of the magazines at a decent price, I may be your man. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts