Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out that magazines for the compact model is hard to find, i gonna buy a couple of full size magazine and fire up my Dremel tool, has anybody done it and can show me the result of the job ? it cant be that hard, i`m pretty good with tools but i lack a huge amount of patience ;) that is the only problem i can see

·
Registered
330 Posts
Are you suggesting that you will cut down the magazine to make it fit flush? What would be the purpose of doing that? I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that the gun is not going to be carried concealed in Norway - am I wrong?

Reactions: Knigge

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is just for cosmetic reasons, i like when the magazine is flush with the frame, this is not a carry gun, only for competition...carrying for protection is illegal in Norway

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Have you disassembled a magazine and looked at how the bottom plate attaches? I'm thinking it might take a little more than just some Dremel use to shorten the magazine and be able to put it back together and useable again. I don't know of anyone having done it before.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
If the long ones fit and work I'd try to find a sleeve to fit them.

You have a Dremel, you could even make a sleeve.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I have not tried it but I too have been told the Beretta 92C mag will fit. The hole for the mag lock on the side needs to be enlarged. Or there is this. Though I am unsure how international would work.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/774935615

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
That's a pretty good price, too, 20 bucks. Log in to Gunbroker, I'm sure they will advise you. Heck, I might buy a few at that price. I picked up a very nice 92c last year, swapped it for a .40 PPS. Only one magazine, though.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
When I got my PT92C it only came with one 15 round mag. Was able to locate 2 brand new Original Taurus 12 round still in the packaging but I paid much more than $20.00 for them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A friend of mine in New Jersey found two original compact magazines for me, expensive yes...$46 each but then i dont have to cut up and maybe destroy a magazine from fullsize, Numrich have the magazines in stock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts