Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many here have the PT-92.
This, IMHO, is Taurus's greatest gun!!
It's also the only one I have never had any trouble with!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mine is a blue PT92AFS. I traded for it, used. It gives me fits. I'm about to go nuts (not to mention spending a small fortune) trying to solve its problem.

Doggone it, I just can't keep the thing loaded! ;) Even cheap 9mm costs!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I used to have a PT99, but got newgunitis and traded it.

My current pistol is rapidly becoming my favorite. I am selling my other 9mm's (except for my KT P11), including a Beretta 92. After shooting both 92s, I realized that the Taurus safety was just that extra little bit more comfortable.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 99.The first 400 rounds it shot great.Then it started jamming,wouldn't eject.A friend pointed out the guide rod was bent.Have no idea how it happened.I can roll it down a flat surface sure enough it had a slight bend.I can get a Berretta rod for around $25.Hope it fits.My other Taurus guns are:24/7 Pro .45,Tracker 4" .44 mag.Rossi 2".357 mag.Like em 'all especially the 24/7.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's my 9mm PT92ARSS.

I really love it. Shoots accurrate everytime I squeeze the trigger. I've never had a problem with it either. I'm waiting for the 1911SS. I think I'll just get the 1911B for now and then get the 1911SS when it comes out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine is my daily CCW and has been for 9 years now. I find it to be easily concealed on my 6'2" 200+ lb frame. It has broken but once, and that was when the locking block went out a number of years back. It is a pre-decock model built in 1991 IIRC.

I have put 100-200 rounds through this pistol weekly for about 9 years now. It initially had some teething problems, not wanting to extract the empty cases on standard pressure ammo and busting a locking block early on. I fixed those problems and it's run well ever since.

Josh <><

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have owned a PT92AF since last summer, had a PT99 back in early '80's, wish the single action trigger pull would 'work in', shooting buddy has a CZ75B-SA with MUCH better single action trigger pull, given the opportunity to choose between the two again- - - might make a different choice ! Hindsight is always 20/20 I reckon ! ! !
Praying for warm weather in MO !! !!

·
Administrator
17,923 Posts
Have a well worn but still very good PT92. Accurate and very Reliable.

Mine has the new long life Beretta Locking Block and a recently installed (at 17K rounds) Wolff 15 lb recoil spring and Firing Pin Spring installed.

Recently installed the newer Taurus plastic grip panels and a Butler Creek Grip Sleeve. Tempted to replace them with a Pachmayer Finger Groove Grip, but what I have will do for now.

1992 Vintage Taurus PT92AFS with 22,000 rounds on it

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the full Pachmayr Signature wraparound on mine, makes for a very large grip. I'm not a small guy and am fine with it, but a shade smaller would be nice.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I have a blued PT92AR wearing a set of Hogues. I'll try and post a pic of it in the near future.
:)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
One of my PT92AR. ;D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a new PT 92 back in early December, and have since put around 170 some rounds through it. Took it to my concealed carry class as well.

Love it Comfortable, accurate, and smooth.

I do have a question for Josh, however. What's your concealment holster? Just curious.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts