Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i turn my Taurus pt92 upside down rather quickly and try to pull the trigger DA style the hammer will only go halfway back like the safety is on. Some times it works for 1-3 shots before its like it jams and the hammer wont come back. It help produce this problem or situation when u turn the gun upside down and pat hard a few times on the bottom of the magazine well in a downwards direction,where the magazine goes in.

It does the same thing with the slide off. With the slide off and hammer down when i turn the frame upside down i hear something very small falling with my super human hearing. I don't hear it when the hammer is back. I think it is something in the back of the grip that has to do with the built in lock on the back strap. I think i will uninstall the built in locking system in case i ever have to shoot 2 pistols upside down like in the movies :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not if you fling it sideways quickly/violently .I gotta fix this. I might have to shoot hanging upside down, or fire two pistols sideways in oposite directions. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mental Note: No John Woo gunfights with my PT92...

Also, hold off on any Gansta-Style Gattin' until further information about shooting sideways comes to light...

:D

·
Registered
579 Posts
Do you know why gansta's shoot with the gun sideway's ??

Because that is they way it came out of the box !!

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
muttmutt said:
Do you know why gansta's shoot with the gun sideway's ??
Because that is they way it came out of the box !!
I wondered about that! Thanks for the education! I was wondering why anyone would turn a gun upside down, or sideways anyway, but did not want to appear dumb!!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
not sure what the problem is (if there even is one) i've never tried shooting my 92 upside down or even sideways..

i dont think it's completely without merit, who knows what kind of situation where you might need to shoot the gun in weird orientations.. i'd test it my self if i did'nt think people would laugh at me at the range.

·
Registered
190 Posts
this reminds me back a few weeks ago a couple buddies and myself were down at the bullet stop here in town doing some shooting and my buddy brought his smith 44 mag.
so we were squeezin a few rounds off and this young man came in with his 1911 45 auto and was practicing his shooting...........looking like he was practicing for a driveby :D he was pretty G'ed up you know pants around the lower half of his rearend LOL. bling around the neck :D very comical to watch because he was holding his gun side ways hitting all over the target.
well i was just getting ready to let a few go from the 44mag as i pulled the trigger the first time this kid let out a aaaaaawwwwww sheiiiiiit daaaawwwg what da hell was dat??
we kinda laughed a little and travis(the 44 owner) said thats a 44 mag. he said dddaaaaammmnnnn dawg that is fat yo :???: :D :D :???:
so we kinda bs with him a couple minutes and gave him a few pointers on his stange and grip of his own gun.
then travis looks at the kid (who was in awe of the 44mag LOL) and says you want to give it a try? the kid was totaly suprise and a little apprehensive but said sweet heeelll yeah.

so travis loads it up and hands it to the youngster LOL
so he walks up to his lane and aims then you hear the gun discharge and instantly he spins around freaked out gun pointed straight at my gut runs to me screaming HERE HERE TAKE IT TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i litterally think he wet himself and he left immediatly :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im not worried about shooting upside down or sideways . I just want it to be able to shoot in all situations, like in outer space(zero gravity). Don't ask. :p

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well, on this subject, I was watching the cable shooting shows last nite. One of the experts, was showing how with a revolver you could fire from any angle of hold. I remember his statement was "with a semi auto you probably will get only one shot doing it this way"!!! He was firing upside down with a 38 snubby at the time.

Now that seems to say, most are not intended to be fired in the upside down mode, ( I had heard this before from other sources ), and I guess sideways is anybody's guess how many you might get thru it, depending on the gun.

·
Registered
20 Posts
adam731432 said:
Im not worried about shooting upside down or sideways . I just want it to be able to shoot in all situations, like in outer space(zero gravity). Don't ask. :p
Problem with shooting in Zero G is recoil. There's nothing to brace yourself against. Now, the "Recoil throwing you back or causing your target to go flying across the room" myth is just that...a myth, but without anything to provide compensation, you just float away. Not really a problem on the first shot, but it effects aim and target acquisition on the second, so in space, better get the Xenomorph with the first shot, or no one will hear your scream.

Oh, and better be shooting Glaser safety rounds. Explosive Decompression sucks....Or actually, to be more scientifically correct, it blows...

(OK. Any time now The Colonel from "Monty Python's Flying Circus" is going to invade this thread, and call it too silly..)

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
hmm im not planing on shooting upside down but i am now rather interested if anyone knows for sure if the 92 can fire upside down and cycle.

i may and probably will never need to.. but it would be nice know to know at what point the angle becomes to much for the gun to function.. if it has such limitations.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I wonder how many will test their guns now? :bang:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i will if i ever go somewhere like the country.. im afraid i'd be laughed off the range if i tried it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Since there are no gun laws in outer space i would just modify my pt92 like a full auto 93r(3shotburst) and spray them down with over 1000 bullets per minute .Thats like 15 bullets per second.

I could also see the gunpowder burning being a problem with no oxygen, but there is a little air in each shell.

·
Registered
354 Posts
As long as you don't take it to Australia or New Zealand and try to shoot it, it should be o.k. In other words, only shoot your gun in the northern hemsiphere or it won't fire. :D ;D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
267 Posts
twisted,
Small world. I shoot at the bullet stop, too. May have seen you down there and not known it. I try to get down there most Sunday afternoons if I can.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts