Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Taurus PT99. I would like to try a Burris Fast Fire 3 on it. However, I haven't been able to find a reflex mount for the PT99. On the other hand, there are multiple mounts for the PT92. So I'm thinking about swapping the PT99 slide for one from a PT92 I have . . .

What do I need to know about making this swap?

Thanks in advance,

Larry

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
In most cases, nothing. I recently swapped out a blue'd upper for stainless. Taurus is pretty good on holding tolerances over the years with the PT99 and PT92. The age difference between the parts is a frame made in 2017 to a slide made 15+ years ago. The pistol works flawlessly and seemed to tighten the accuracy.

In short, no fitting needed in my case.

You from over at the Survivor's SKS forum? I took a break at all the forums about two years ago, and started back here almost a year ago. I think one of my nieces accidentally clicked in at some of the forums and didn't know what to think.:D

Maloy

·
Registered
14,172 Posts
The difference between the 92 and 99 is that the sights on the 99 are adjustable. Would this difference make a difference in how the Burris is mounted to the slide?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The difference between the 92 and 99 is that the sights on the 99 are adjustable. Would this difference make a difference in how the Burris is mounted to the slide?
Yup.

The reflex mounts are typically secured in the dovetail, after removing the rear sight. The PT99 has no dovetail, just a clearance slot.

Larry

·
Registered
14,172 Posts
I guess I learned something new. With all the PT-92, 99, 100, 101, and 101P pistols that I have owned I never paid attention to that detail.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Mp biggest concern has been loosing the rear adjustable sight on my 99 since they are no longer available.
I seems that it's the sight blades that are the weak link on the PT99 rear sight. I posted a thread a couple months ago regarding using a S&W sight blade to repair the 99 sight blade: http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/p...rear-sight-blade-replacement.html#post3836617.

Larry

PS: The roll pins that hold the PT99 are also notorious for breaking. Once they break, the sight blade isn't far behind as it can't take the stress. I used a piece of #51 drill rod as an alternative.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts