Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, fist time poster :) I had my top slide replaced by factory warranty a few months ago because the previous sight was very loose. I got the new slide and I have to say the gun is a lot less accurate. With the previous slide, as long as the sight didn't move between shots, I could group within 1-2" at 15 feet.

With the new slide, I'm around 5"+ at 15 feet. Placement seems to be random, not just in 1 direction. I've checked my grip, and had some others shoot it just to make sure I didn't loose my proficiency in the 3 weeks it was being serviced. I'm not sure if my first slide was just that good or what.. Is there something you guys can recommend that might help me out? I don't know anyone else with a Taurus or Beretta PT92 to try and compare slides.

Thank you,
Mitchell

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did they replace the slide only or the barrel too? Sounds for me it's slide-barrel misfit. Maybe the new slide was out of spec and the was too much barrel movement.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the great fraternity of Taurus handgun owners!

I'd contact Taurus Customer Service again.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Welcome Mitch! Just as a thought, you now have new rear sights on that weapon, correct?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just wondering if new sights would affect your sight picture.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
I love my PT92 so I hope you get this resolved. I agree that it sounds like the barrel does not fit the slide, and could be moving while you fire.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
My guess is that the lockup that's being achieved is *barely* being achieved - that slide's likely out of spec and the barrel's flopping loose. Can you easily wiggle the barrel with the (of course) unloaded pistol in battery? The 92/99/917 series all move a tiny bit but it usually takes some pressure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts