Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cleaning my PT92 recently I noticed that the metal guide rod is bent. The pistol functions fine but I would rather replace the guide rod for peace of mind before it bends more or breaks. I was looking at the Wolff guide rod as shown here BERETTA 92/96 RECOIL GUIDE ROD | Brownells but I'm not sure if it will fit the PT92. I know the sticky on this forum says the guide rods are interchangeable between the Beretta 92 and Taurus PT92, but the Q&A section on Brownells says the Wolff guide rod is not compatible with the PT92 and Wolff specifically lists this part for the Beretta.
So my question is, has anybody actually tried the Wolff guide rod in the PT92?

·
Administrator
18,647 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea how the guide rod bent or when it bent. I am the 3rd owner of this pistol so it may have happened at any point and I just now noticed it. I know both of the previous owners and they only shot factory ammo through it and it only had maybe 500 rounds total through it when I bought it. In searching the forum I did find where the same thing happened to somebody else and they also had no idea how it happened. I guess the Wolff guide rod might be a fraction thicker than a standard guide rod? I'm not sure why it wouldn't work if the standard guide rod will interchange. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
How do you straighten a bent guide rod? I'm thinking how do you straighten a bent nail?

Well, I have....nails, that is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you straighten a bent guide rod? I'm thinking how do you straighten a bent nail?

Well, I have....nails, that is.
Haha, we'll I'm sure I could straighten it with a vice if nothing else... But metal weakens when you bend it so I'd rather just replace it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts