Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody make decent rubber grips for the PT92?

Hogue has some, but they don't appear to accomodate decocker models.

Any suggestions? Thanks...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the full signature grips on my PT92, they are nice but make for a VERY full grip, plus the fit was extremely tight, the grips actually have some stress cracks on them cause I had to stretch like heck to get them on. I would personally go for some slimmer grips unless you have very large hands.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gray_Wolf said:
Are you sure about that, I seems a bit unlikely...all current PT-92/99/100/101 are decocker models.
Yes, I know, but the Hogue rubber grips are apparently for older non-decocker models.

·
Administrator
18,185 Posts
Uncle Mikes/Butler Creek also has nicely checkered rubberized Grips for the PT92/99/100/101 series pistols. Had a set on my PT92 for awhile. Currently, I'm using the Uncle Mikes/Butler Creek Finger Grooved Grip Sleeve over a set of the current plastic Taurus Grips.

Am considering a Finger Grooved Hogue Grip if it's not too large. The Hogue Handall Sleeve Grip is too large on the PT92 for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the Hogue grips in and installed today, and I couldn't be happier.

I was a little apprehensive about the Hogue's, because I ordered some cocobolo wood grips for my PT92 from them a while back, and they absolutely would not fit. They did not fit on the frame. They wouldn't go up under the controls, and yes they were the decocker grips. They were too thick to install with factory screws even if they did fit on the frame. I got a refund, but still had to pay to ship them back.

Needless to say, I was not happy with that experience, but the nice rubber grips make up for it. Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
41 Posts
(
Does anybody make decent rubber grips for the PT92?

Hogue has some, but they don't appear to accomodate decocker models.

Any suggestions? Thanks...
My Pachmayr grips were a real b**ch to get on. It took me about 2 hours of struggling to stretch them on. After all the work, it was well worth it. I have big hands, and these grips (Signature w/fingergrooves for my 2006 PT-92 AFS-SS) fit me real well.

Borrowed Pic:

http://www.gunaccessories.com/PachmayrRubberGrips/signaturewithbackstraps/pachmayrsignaturegripswithbackstrap.asp

Hogue does make some for the decocker models. See here:

http://www.gunaccessories.com/HogueRubberGrips/semiautomatics/hoguesemiautomaticrubber.asp

Scroll all the way down. They're $19.95 plus shipping.

Then, there's always the wood grips. My buddy has the Walnut w/fingergrooves on his 2006 PT-92AFS SS - he loves em.

http://www.gunaccessories.com/ExcaliburWoodGrips/taurus/excaliburwoodgripstaurus.asp

Check 'em out. Shop around at gun shows - the internet is overpriced.

There are a lot of good looking and functional grips out there for the PT-92.

In fact, I know a guy who machine's grips out of aluminum (Black or Silver) for the PT-92. They look really tacticool - I'll post pics once I've fitted them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Old thread, I know, but I was wondering if I could simply trim the Uncle Mike's grips to accommodate the decocker function? I prefer the checkered texture over the Hogue... or is the Hogue a tackier surface? Anyone know if one set is thinner than the other?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
The Uncle Mike's are available with the decocker notch in them.

osp - I have a spare set PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
14,097 Posts
I don't know that the Hogue is what I would call tacky, but they are of such a rubber that they are not going to slip out of your hand even with sweaty palms. I have a lot of pretty grips that fit on my PT92 models and interchange with a few other models. But, any of these that are used for defense duties all have the Hogue grips on them.

I also have a set of the Pac on one of my 1911s, the one thing that I am not crazy about them is that the finger grooves are hollow and can collapes under too much misplaced pressure.

I have never held a pistol with UM grips.

·
Registered
25 Posts
HI
Can you install the Pachmayer signature grips on a PT 92 wsithout the backstrap?
Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
I got a set of black checkered rubber grips for my PT92AF at CDNN for 8.99 + shipping. I think standard ground was 5.95. got them in less than a week. They are great, feel very comfortable and non-slip.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts