Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded my Pachmayer's with some stainless Hogue screws. My stock ones started to rust from being IWB so I decided to go with something a little more awesome. Im thinking I need to add some more nickel accents to go with the screws.

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Starting pistol

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
Buy a PT92 in stainless and so some parts swapping and you can end up to two mirror image duo-tone pistols. It's pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buy a PT92 in stainless and so some parts swapping and you can end up to two mirror image duo-tone pistols. It's pretty easy to do.
I thought about that, but there is a guy who does nickel plating around where I am at for a very reasonable price. I might get him to work something up for me.

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
But, if you do it my way you get a new pistol. Not just pretty parts....LOL!!!! Sometimes I'll use any old excuse I can find to justify a new gun.

I did so good for a while, I think I am starting to relapse.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are a few that I did the parts swap between a stainless and a blue PT911 just for thought.

Those do look awesome! I'm in Colorado city (yes its in Texas, Lol)

Sent from my bad a$$ Custom Epic 4G

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
Another option would be to polish away the blue finish and then buff a brighter finish to the parts you want to hi-light. But, don't expect a stainless steel finish look in the end.

Or to Dura coat the pieces you would like to have contrast with the blued Taurus finish.

·
Administrator
18,414 Posts
Very Nice! :cool:

My choice in Grips as well, but I did without the Pachmayr Backstrap cover.

Taurus PT92 w Pachmayr Grip and Ghost Ring Rear Sight

1 - 11 of 11 Posts