Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taurus PT92 with Promag 35 round magazine. Does anyone have a picture of Promag's 20 rounder in the gun?

·
Registered
14,053 Posts
Second off, since the above post was the first off welcome post.
Thank you for posting the photo. I have seen these super cap mags listed for sale, but have never seen one installed on the pistol. It looks much like the way I had visioned it would.....really different. I guess I am just old enough that I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to somethings.
I would be curious as to how hot the barrel/slide and upper portion of the pistol gets after firing off the entire magazine one round after the other.

·
Super Moderator
40,611 Posts
Sticks a little to far out for me. But looks nice.
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, they're unusual looking but I like it and I especially like having more than double the normal magazine capacity. I have two of the Promag 35 rounders and they've been perfect through several hundred rounds and many different types of ammo. The gun really doesn't get that hot. I rapid fired 100 rounds of Silver Bear 9x19 to try it out and didn't notice any unusual heat. Nothing like my M4 or even my shotguns sometimes.

Just for fun . . .

·
Registered
14,053 Posts
Loved the video, with that first magazine holding so many rounds it almost sounds like you are having a one many gang war going on.
The video also says alot about how well the PT handles rapid fire with less expensive ammo. It also speaks well for the ammo with on F2F or F2E.
Thanks for sharing
But, lets be honest, with that long extended magazine it is a little difficult to conceal carry.....right? LOL!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Loved the video, with that first magazine holding so many rounds it almost sounds like you are having a one many gang war going on.
The video also says alot about how well the PT handles rapid fire with less expensive ammo. It also speaks well for the ammo with on F2F or F2E.
Thanks for sharing
But, lets be honest, with that long extended magazine it is a little difficult to conceal carry.....right? LOL!!!
I take really good care of my 92 so I'm not suprised that it will run any kind of ammo. I routinely clean the weapon and not only the bore, but I also polish the feed ramp, guide rod and recoil spring for smooth feeding and operation. The 92 is kind of difficult to conceal anyway. I use the 17 rounders for carry and the 35 rounders are just for fun at the range and SHTF, zombies, that kind of stuff.

I keep the extended magazines inside of an internal pocket on the left side of my MOLLE rig. It's a deep pocket so I don't have to worry about them falling out. They conceal pretty well in there but not so much once they're in the gun though.

Here's another one of my 92 with my Sig Sauer SP2022.

One more just for the hell of it. In her HD configuration with a TLR-1S.

·
Registered
14,053 Posts
What cal. is your 2022 Sig? The Sig 2022 .40s&w with night sites is what I use for my nightstand weapon of choice. The 2022 is one of those under-appreciated guns. It is an affordable Sig for the common man and a poly piece to boot, so a number of Sig owners don't seem to care for it due to not fitting within the elite status selection...LOL!!!! I bought it because if filled a purpose I was looking to fill at the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What cal. is your 2022 Sig? The Sig 2022 .40s&w with night sites is what I use for my nightstand weapon of choice. The 2022 is one of those under-appreciated guns. It is an affordable Sig for the common man and a poly piece to boot, so a number of Sig owners don't seem to care for it due to not fitting within the elite status selection...LOL!!!! I bought it because if filled a purpose I was looking to fill at the time.
It's 9x19. I like the 9mm caliber because of the higher capacity and lower cost.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, that is wild looking! How does it affect the balance of the gun while shooting? I may have to look into one of those myself. Really nice pair of pistols.
Welcome from the Ms. gulf coast.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I finally found my 20 round mag so here it is. I have both a 20 and a 30 rnd. I have had them several years, price was to good at the time. But only used then once or twice. Now that I can get to the range again I will give them a try again. Nothing like going thru a box of ammo in 2 mags.
100_0776.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks cool. I might give it a try on my old PT99 AF.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How comfortable is that told hold, and did you have any malfunctions w/ the Promag?
I like it. I have more control of the weapon so my accuracy is less affected by my trigger pull if I jerk it a bit. Having said that, the combination of muscle memory from putting thousands of rounds through the gun and the high hold pretty much eliminate any recoil. Give it a try. It works in the weaver or isosceles stance but I shoot in the weaver.

I have had 0 malfunctions with the Promag 35 rounders. They've run 100% since I've had them.

Wow, that is wild looking! How does it affect the balance of the gun while shooting? I may have to look into one of those myself. Really nice pair of pistols.
Welcome from the Ms. gulf coast.
I don't really notice much of a difference. It's heavier with 35 instead of 17 obviously but it's still pretty well balanced. Not to mention that it's TONS OF FUN to rapid fire 35 rounds! The pair I bought have been flawless. MidwayUSA sells them for $24.

Mag Taurus PT92 PT99 9mm Luger 30-Round Steel Blue

I finally found my 20 round mag so here it is. I have both a 20 and a 30 rnd. I have had them several years, price was to good at the time. But only used then once or twice. Now that I can get to the range again I will give them a try again. Nothing like going thru a box of ammo in 2 mags.
View attachment 25257
Thanks for the picture! That is a sweet looking pistol! I'm going to buy a few of them. My concern wasn't the function but the fit. I had a Mecgar 20 rounder that fed flawlessly but it had that 'universal' +2 adapter and fit very poorly on my 92.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts