Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I was recently given a Taurus PT-92 CS in near mint condition with all original magazines and packaging. I am not sure how much its worth and I cant find...for the life of me...pricing data online for this model. Its like a ghost. Hoping someone on here might be able to assist.

IMG-0414.JPG
IMG-0416.JPG

·
Super Moderator
37,641 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,641 Posts
Thanks! Yeah I saw those and thought to myself, no way. I think Taurus is a fine firearm, but $800?
The link I posted first is for a member's purchase a year ago for a new one for 400 bucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indeed, I did a search earlier and came across some posts on here for the CS but I missed that one I suppose. Thanks for pointing it out, much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
37,641 Posts
Stop over to the member introduction and poke around awhile...lots of good stuff here!

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
Honestly don't get your feelings hurt by finding the value---Just enjoy the weapon IF it runs reliabally.
Here about 50% of the gun shops will not even talk to you about buying or trading in a Taurus unfortunately and certainly not for very much money.
they have simply under cut the value by selling them so low and poor customer service.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I was born in 1940, I was 5 at the end of WW2. My Dad's cousin was in the D-Day invasion of Normandy. He brought home a German Luger. My Dad and him have long past and I have no idea whatever happened to the Luger.... perhaps one of his children have it... I don't know. Ever since I first laid eyes on a Luger I've wanted one. I've seen a few for sale and most were very roughly made with machine marks and poor finishes. Nowadays I see them in the $1000 plus range.

To the point: I watched a Hickok 45 video comparing the 1911 to the Luger. The 1911 never fail to function while the Luger had a few Fail to's I decided a Luger was not as important to me as it once was.

Along came a barely used PT92 at my local FFL. $300 OTD, very nicely finished and it shoots the same cartridges as the Luger, metal frame and hammer fired. Form and function are absolutely flawless. I love the gun. I don't consider a Luger anymore except to say "What the hell was I thinking"

Reactions: bobbojama

·
Super Moderator
37,641 Posts
My PT 92 AFS is incredibly accurate and a joy to shoot. It looks like your grips also came from Thailand.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
My PT 92 AFS is incredibly accurate and a joy to shoot. It looks like your grips also came from Thailand.
Probably the same seller as yours did :)

Reactions: Czechbikr
1 - 11 of 11 Posts