Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone... I have a pt92 afs and so far it eats anything. But I've only put a few boxes of rounds through it myself. I got it used from a friend and he said it was never picky with him.
Obviously I will find out what it likes over time. Just curious what other 92 owners have experienced.
Any problems with certain brands? And any advantages or reasons you like particular brands?
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,883 Posts
My PT 99 is not picky. It eats anything 9mm. And has since 1991. Shoot'em up, you will like it :)

Reactions: mwj999 and jwc007

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Mine will only shoot two brands. Anything and Everything.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I have shot many rounds through these guns over the years and never had a problem with any type ammo.

If the box says 9mm, it's going to fly down the pipe. ;) The 92 is top of the line. ;)

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
My PT-92 shoots pretty much anything. I mostly reload my own but used to shoot whatever I could find. Only issue was steel-cased ammo. It fed and shot fine, but the lacquer coating would get in the works and make it hard to clean.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I shoot 124 grain ammo almost exclusively. I found that 115 grain ammo shots low in my hands. If you didn't get the manual, you can download it from the Taurus home page. They say it's best to use 124 grain ammo @ 1225 f.p.s. Mine seems to be regulated for them.
The manual is at this page. "Metallic Pistols". Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

·
Administrator
17,692 Posts
My PT92 is also very omnivorous, consuming any 9mm ammunition,and doing it well! :cool:

Now that said, I have a strong preference for 9mm ammunition loaded with 124 grain Bullets, and frequently load my own. Have Dillon 650 press, will shoot! :)

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I haven't found a brand or weight of 9mm that doesn't work in my 92, however I have found that it shoots flatter with 124 gr. rounds. Anything heavier gets shot from the Hi-Point carbine just for a little extra inertia beyond 50 yards.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I have been using 115 g lite load in mine never a problem shooting these, or anything else for that matter
My PT-92 has never failed me. The W.W.B. and other 115 grain brands that I have shot all cycled fine. It's just that at about 25 feet and beyond I shoot them consistently low, grouped, but low. (I have to aim a tad higher to center around the bull.)
I'm not a Bullseye shooter, so an inch or two is still within C.O.M. I figure that at any distance I can hit a softball-sized target, I have a chance of survival in a dire scenario.
B.T.W. The above goes for my PT-908, also.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
I have 4 PT-99's and all of them eat what ever I feed them just fine.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My PT 99 is not picky. It eats anything 9mm. And has since 1991. Shoot'em up, you will like it :)
I screwed up one day and loaded my PT-92 with .32ACP Silvertip. It shot the first round. Couldn't understand why it just made a little pfffft sound, and the bullet fell short of the 10 yard target.:D

I bought my PT-92 shortly after I saw a guy shooting cast lead semi-wadcutter reloads in his PT-99. 92s will feed just about anything.

Reactions: Lane_H
1 - 14 of 14 Posts