Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone can tell me more about this Taurus model: PT92 AFS
One of my local gun shops has one NIB for $399 (I sure I can get it for less). I like the look of the pistol, being two-tone (blue frame & barrel; Stainless slide & trigger). I'd love to add this pistol to my ever expanding Taurus collection, so if anyone has some input please let me know.

Thanks!

Found a link to Buds with a photo of my soon to be acquired new Taurus....

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_50_495/products_id/36912

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 16 year old pt92af. I traded for it and I've had it about 2 years now. It shoots great and I recently put a new trigger spring on it, along with the recoil, firing, and mag springs 1 1/2 years ago. I also bought and then sold a year later (financial difficulties), a stainles pt92 for total otd $424.00. First shot at the range from 15 yards, BULLSEYE. It shot great but had to let it go. Still have the old one and it is my carry gun.

Buy it!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I bought my PT92 in stainless (399 + tax) the dealer had a 2 tone model for $379. I liked both guns, but I bought the stainless because I thought the high polish on the frame was the prettiest I had ever seen. I have noticed that the trigger pulls in DA and SA have been smoothed and lightened from the Pt 92 I bought 5 yrs ago. I don't understand the AFS designation on the slide. Can anyone tell me what it stands for?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I own several PT92's both old and new, you can't go wrong with owning one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts