Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i'm new to the forum i'm the proud owner of a taurus pt92 afs pistol, however my question is does anyone know where i can buy some custom made grips for this model pistol?? any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
I just ordered 5 pair of grips from Altamont and received 3 pair. I received for the PT92/100 series a pair of Rosewood and Silverblack and one pair for my PT911/940 in Rosewood. The other two pair were out of stock and would not be produced until late Summer at the earliest. The company has also been extreemly slow to return phone calls or provide information.

Another member here on the forum has posted like poor customer service, out of inventory conditions and lack of communications with this company.

Their grips are a laminated wood that has a great feel and show quality which is priced very attractive. But, all of that means little if they can't provide the product.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just ordered 5 pair of grips from Altamont and received 3 pair. I received for the PT92/100 series a pair of Rosewood and Silverblack and one pair for my PT911/940 in Rosewood. The other two pair were out of stock and would not be produced until late Summer at the earliest. The company has also been extreemly slow to return phone calls or provide information.

Another member here on the forum has posted like poor customer service, out of inventory conditions and lack of communications with this company.

Their grips are a laminated wood that has a great feel and show quality which is priced very attractive. But, all of that means little if they can't provide the product.
Can I see a picture of the silver/black? Looking for a smooth grip for my PT92's. Between silver/black, and pearl paint.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Here is a link to another post here on the forum showing the grips I received. The silverblack are more of a black/charcoal/tan/brown finish. I was expecting more silver mixed in. You maynotice that the grips are mounted on a PT917cs, these are the same grips as for the PT92/99/100/101
However they are good looking grips for the money.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/lounge/66824-altamont-grips-photos-included.html

·
Registered
46 Posts
Darn I was hoping for a more silver black. Still that's a pretty good price. How is his pearlish grip? Any reviews or is Taurus better?

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Darn I was hoping for a more silver black. Still that's a pretty good price. How is his pearlish grip? Any reviews or is Taurus better?
Haven't seen the pearl grips, I do have a couple of pistols from Taurus that came with the pearl and they are nice looking grips.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Thanks, will they hold up though with normal firing? 100 maybe 200 rounds a session?
I wouldn't know why not, it would be a tremendous liability for a company to manufacture a product for a firearm that would not be up to the designed task. The wood grips from Altamont are a laminate wood construction with a great finish, I would expect their pearl grips to be no less quality.
The Taurus grips in pearl I feel will last as long as the gun itself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts