Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to do some work on my PT92 and wanted to see what upgrades would be beneficial, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have found that a nice set of grips can do wonders for the accuracy. I have the pachmyer ones with the wrap around and molded finger groves.

Sent from my bad a$$ Custom Epic 4G

·
Administrator
18,192 Posts
Mec-Gar 20 round Magazines are a nice upgrade: Taurus PT 92 or 99 20 RD 9mm semi-flush +2 MGPT9220AFC [MGPT9220AFC] - $31.95 : Greg Cote, LLC

New Stock, your Pistol really needs nothing except to be practiced with. Both Live Fire and Dry Fire (with a Snap Cap) will work in the action very nicely.

Down the road, once you have some miles on it, consider a Wolff 15 lb Extra Power Recoil Spring.

Taurus PT92 w Pachmayr Grip and Ghost Ring Rear Sight
This pistol has some 23,000 rounds thru it and is still going strong. It has been refurbished with a Wolff 15 lb Recoil Spring, New Firing Pin Spring, and the new Beretta Long Life Locking Block.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've put more rounds through this gun than I can remember. It's an older model that does not have the factory rail on the frame. This is why I'm looking for upgrades.

·
Registered
24,854 Posts
I wouldn't change a thing. Good to go out of the box.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
These Hogue grips and my Aim Sports 92 lumen tactical light are all the upgrades I think I'll ever need on my PT92. :happy:

(Click on the photo to enlarge.)

Attachments

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I'm with Magnum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So quick question do the Pachmayr Grip with the finger groves fit all the PT92's with the frame mounted safety/decocker and will any dovetail rear sight fit as well.

·
Administrator
18,192 Posts
So quick question do the Pachmayr Grip with the finger groves fit all the PT92's with the frame mounted safety/decocker
Yes

will any dovetail rear sight fit as well.
No

That said, I adapted a Ghost Ring Rear Sight meant for a Beretta 92, to my Taurus PT92, by shimming the daylights out of it, to fit.
You can do anything if you are resourceful enough.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Keep your 92 as is and put your upgrade money toward another gun. Win /win situation!!

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
160 Posts
I only did nitesiter dots and darkened the front site to create a better contrast. Beretta locking block and recoil spring, pachmayrs, and a few mags and holsters.

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Old School here...opinions are like rectums, everybody has one.

:r_c: If it works, don't fix it.

I'd spend that money on extra ammo and work on my shooting skills.
:thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts