Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pt92 coming either friday or monday....searching for a leather holster. wondering if someone can let me know if the beretta a-1 holsters will work ? only difference i can see is the trigger guard. thanks all

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations on the Taurus 92. Cannot speak to the holster problem. The Taurus 92 compact I had did fit Berreta 92 compact holsters.
thank you. like i said, my only concern is the trigger guard. the rest looks the same. i'm well over 100 miles from any store that would stock holsters for me to try....so it's all online

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
You'll love that gun...congrats. I have a kydex Fobus for mine, but rarely carry it.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Outbags has leather pancake holsters for about $29 and they are very good. I am not affiliated with them it is just a good product.

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
Outbags has leather pancake holsters for about $29 and they are very good. I am not affiliated with them it is just a good product.
I have one of theirs for my CZ75 Compact. They are made in the USA also.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
going to pick up the new gun today !! came in yesterday, but we had massive wind up here and power out to the whole town. trees were down everywhere. today we are clear and cleaning up. not raining so i can shoot this afternoon. pretty happy about that.

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
Range report...Range report!! :)

Reactions: OldJack

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Range report...Range report!! :)
my range report is a short one. was still windy and about 32 degrees when i went out. only fired about 60 rounds. i will say it went bang every time with no malfunctions. i was not very accurate while shivering. i hit the target, but the bullseye is still unharmed !!. recoil is almost non-existent, and i know i will do alot better when it's a little warmer.....thinking april. i will be glad when my mec-gar mags show up. the ones from taurus are not very good. that surprised me as my g2c mags are good. even with a loader i couldn't get 17 in them, and they liked to nose dive while loading. kinda flimsy in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
my range report is a short one. was still windy and about 32 degrees when i went out. only fired about 60 rounds. i will say it went bang every time with no malfunctions. i was not very accurate while shivering. i hit the target, but the bullseye is still unharmed !!. recoil is almost non-existent, and i know i will do alot better when it's a little warmer.....thinking april. i will be glad when my mec-gar mags show up. the ones from taurus are not very good. that surprised me as my g2c mags are good. even with a loader i couldn't get 17 in them, and they liked to nose dive while loading. kinda flimsy in my opinion.
I shoot outdoors very seldom, and cold is one of those reasons. I think that you'll find that the pistol is very accurate if it's like mine. The weight of the loaded PT 92 does make the recoil unnoticeable but tires me down after the 14th round...I need to work out more! The only magazines that I still load by hand are 1911 single stack and my TCP. The rest all get the Maglula treatment...it's an investment that I have never regretted. Taurus mags are historically stiff when new. Loading them full and storing them that way for a few days can help that. Typically people have an issue racking the slide on a full magazine for the same reason. I hope that you can see a warmer day before the Winter really sets in to get out and enjoy your new gun.

·
Supporting Moderator
14,831 Posts
I buy the pink Maglula, very few people ask to borrow it and it has always come home with me. Other colors not so much. :shocked:

Sometimes pink is also a buck or two cheaper. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
35,549 Posts
I buy the pink Maglula, very few people ask to borrow it and it has always come home with me. Other colors not so much. :shocked:

Sometimes pink is also a buck or two cheaper. :thumb:
Plus you can always say that it's for breast awareness. ;)

Reactions: sknhgy
1 - 13 of 13 Posts