Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted customer service last week inquiring about additional 15 round magazines for both my PT99 an 24/7 G2. The customer service rep informed me that the were sold out of 15 round magazines but the 19 round magazines would work in my PT99. I received the new magazines yesterday and loaded them up. The magazines feel like they are going to work as they had a nice crisp lock in when installed and when manually cycled, the gun fed with no problems. I have not had a chance to go to the rage and try them out yet.

Have any other owners f the older model (1990 circa) tried using the newer 19 round magazines and if so did they work as expected or did you encounter any issues?

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
I have a 98 PT-92. The 19 round mag from my PT-917 works fine in it.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you post a photo? I am curious as to how far the magazine protrudes from the bottom of the grip.

mbogo
Here you go. There is one with the factory 15 round mag and the second is the 19 round mag. It makes it a longer grip but I do not use this one for concealed carry anyway.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I do wish the bottom of the magazine was more square, however with the availability of stock 15 round magazines, these will do.

·
Administrator
19,745 Posts
I have the new AFC 20 round Mec-Gar Magazines for my PT92 and they do not stick out as much. Will try to put a pic up later one.
They are very difficult to find now. Bought mine from CDNN awhile ago and they are currently not listed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.