Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my PT99 for 24 years and very little trouble with it - fired 15 -20 k rounds and well maintained. Just lately I am getting one failure to eject with every magazine - tried lots of different loads - light or heavy makes no difference - a fired round remains in the chamber and loaded round comes up behind it.

The barrel and chamber are very clean. I took the slide apart and found some crud in the extractor and the firing pin channel - cleaned it up - the extractor and its spring look good as new - grip well and articulate freely - any other thoughts? I am open to suggestion.
Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input but we do not seem to be golden yet. The springs have been replaced every 5k - the ejector has just a bit of rounding of the impact surfaces, but it is intact and appears functional - the action is clean and lubed with CLP - this is a real poser. The Taurus is not a carry gun, but it is a good one to teach new shooters on and it is quite accurate - I need to get it back to reliable or get rid of it. Hate to send it for factory repair but that may be the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am satisfied that it is fixed - I think the cleaning of the extractor assembly was what was needed - of course I cleaned and tweaked so many things that it may be hard to know. In any event I fired 200 rounds today without any failures using all 3 magazines loaded to full capacity. Good pistol and still reliable after all these years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts